X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cucuzza
    • Feb 2008

DVR-MS to .AVI conversion

Hello,

I've been looking around Google and various forums to find some help on this issue, but, I've had mixed results. I was wondering if anyone here could help me. I have a 2005 HP Media Center computer that has TV Tuner capability and I could record anything in broadcast quality by hooking up a coax cable in the back of the tower.

Anyways, when I record tv, the format of the output is DVR-MS which is a Microsoft Digital Recording. This is in MPEG-2 stream. The file is huge, has commercials, and is in an unrecognizable format for editing purposes. I tried programs like VDubMod, AVS Video Converter, DVR-MS Toolbox, and the like to convert the DVR-MS videos to .mpeg or .avi format to no avail. I either get problems with the audio or video. I was wondering if there are any ways so I can cut the video on the frame that I want (not on keyframes), compress the video to .avi, and then rejoin them into a seamless video so I can have an output of just the video I want?

Basically, what I want to do is have a documentary I recorded that is 1 hour and 10 minutes (without commercials) to be one 700 mb .avi file rather than a 4.9 GB DVR-MS file with commercials.

Please let me know. Thanks!
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

I don't know whether this will work ,but you can try it:
    1. Make an .avs script like this : DirectShowSource("E:\My Videos\whatever ur filename"). Replace the relevant drive,folder and file names according to your file.
    2.Drag this .avs file into Virtualdub and see whether it can open it via the directshow filters.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

Working...