Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nimby
    • Jun 2002

avi sound problem

If I download avis, i sometimes have a sound problem.

Basically, everyone sounds like Donald (or Daffy) Duck!

I have reinstalled WMP 7.1, downloaded DiVX412 codec, and tried another viewer but still the same result.

Could it be that the playback speed is too fast? The video image seems ok, but I guess a modest overspeed which may not be obvious to the eye would throw the sound out. If so, how can I slow it down?

Has anyone any suggestions? Many thanks
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

Does this problem occur in all movies? Why does it occur "sometimes"

Generally, uninstall divx 4.12, install divx 3.11 alpha instead, and use WMP 6.4 for playback.

Comment

• nimby
      • Jun 2002

Thanks for advice Batman- done all that and still getting voices that sound like something out of a Loony Toons film!

Any other ideas??!!

Nimby

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

uninstall divx 4.12, install divx 3.11 alpha instead, and use WMP 6.4 for playback.

WMP 7.1 has problems. Do you have any other codecs installed? What movies does this occur in, load the problematic file into virtualdub? is this phenomenon occuring in all your movies?

Comment

• Enchanter
          Old member
          • Feb 2002

Does this apply to ALL of your AVI files or just specific ones? Aside from Batman's suggestion, try reinstalling (or even updating) your soundcard driver and remove any unnecessary codecs (which can interfere with the normal operation of the system) that you may have installed before.

Comment

Working...