Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • auto78900
    • Jan 2007

wrong avi sequence after burning to CD

Can anyone please tell me why the film I edited with virtualdub played in the wrong sequence only after I wrote(burned) the film to a CD ?
    It plays all sequences in the correct order on the harddrive ,but not when I play the film on the CD. I then tested to see what would happen when I copied the film back to the hardrive, but that also now plays in the wrong order, lukily I still have the correct playing order film also on harddrive. Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so that next time I re-burn to CD , that the wrong sequence does not happen ?
    I originaly split the film in 4 parts using Direct stream for all splitting and joining, I then joined those 4 parts in a sequence that I preferred, I then saved the film, then checked that film to make sure it was playing the sequences correctly from the harddrive and it did. Also I noticed there was 1minute and 30seconds missing from the CD version.
    Does anyone know how to fix this problem, so that next time I re-burn to CD , that I get the same sequence happening as on the hardrive version ?

I used Nero 6.
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Are these 4 parts joined as one or 4 seperate parts? If they are 4 different parts, in order for them to burn in the order that you want, you would have to do something like the following.

001 name etc.
    002 name etc.
    003 name etc.
    004 name etc.
    Last edited by soup; 21 May 2009, 05:37 AM.

Comment

• auto78900
      • Jan 2007

thank you for your reply, I will try this method when I get home, I will also be trying other
      CD burning software & other CD/DVD types, will let u know how the test goes.
      ==================================

Finished test, you probably will not believe this but I found out the video gets burned correctly on 700meg CDs , when I first burned the video , I did it to a 4.7gig DVD as data. Now the video plays just like on the harddrive. How freaky is that ?
      Last edited by auto78900; 21 May 2009, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Working...