Suddenly all my 16:9 videos are 4:3...any idea why?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • themasonshow
    • Jul 2009

Suddenly all my 16:9 videos are 4:3...any idea why?

About 3 weeks ago, all of the videos I have that were registering previously as 16:9 files suddenly began appearing as 4:3. I am referring to videos that were rendered at 16:9 in Premiere Pro, and which were for a very long time 16:9 in thumbnails and when played in any video player. I thought I had diagnosed it having started when I added a WMP11 plug in for firefox, but I reversed it and am still having this issue. It was literally - go to bed, 16:9 - wake up the next morning, 4:3. When I drag any of these 16:9 videos into DIVX converter they appear as 656x480, rather than 720x480 which is what Windows says they are. If I import them into Premiere or Windows Movie Maker, it recognizes them as 16:9. But windows does not. If you can help me with this, email me direct - themasonshow at yahoo. Help!
  • anistock
    Anistock
    • May 2009

what was your original raw format size?

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

Try running the files through MediaInfo, what does it say there?

I'm thinking some new DirectShow codec that was installed which doesn't fully understand the way your videos are encoded. A re-install of Premier might help, as it might re-install the original set of codecs.
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...