X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr Davo
    • May 2010

Audio bitrate challenges when converting to DVD format

Hi Guys,

I have recently captured a video cassette (Dumb & Dumber movie) with a TV tuner card. The captured AVI file was about 40 Gigs in size (uncompressed). I successfully compressed the original file to around 1 Gig.

My intention is to convert the compressed avi (which plays fine, no audio lag, etc) into a DVD file structure.

I am running into an issue with audio sync when using Cucusoft to create a VOB file from my captured (and compressed) video file. I recognize that the issue is caused by a low audio bit rate.

Do you know of any conversion software that works well with odd audio bit rates? Ideally software that allows for full customization of the audio bit rate is desirable. The software doesn’t necessarily have to give me the final DVD folder structure, as I can create this using DVD Styler provided that I have a VOB with good audio!

Thanks

Davo
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

You can try AviDemux. Load the .avi file, then set the output format to Mpeg-PS A+V.

Use Configure under the Video and Audio buttons to set your params.
    Convert to mpg by using the Save Diskette in the toolbar.

Or you can just keep it as .avi and use the Audio Button configuration to convert to another audio format and leave Video set to Copy. Save the .avi and use it as input to your favorite converter.

I most often use AviDemux to go to .avi not to .mpg so I'm not sure how good the mpg output is. But one thing you can do with it is slice off a few minutes of video .. just pick an Iframe to start and stop using the '<<' and '>>' buttons near the slider. Encode and see how it plays before doing the entire video.

Comment

• Mr Davo
      • May 2010

Thanks

Comment

Working...