Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • v8firebird90
    • Jul 2002

newbie question on sound

I am having trouble with a few divx movies I recently downloaded. I normally use Real One Player or Windows Media player for playback with no problems. I also have the Alpha 3 codec installed on here. I have 2 movies that have excellent quality pictures but not a bit of sound. Is there a patch or anything I can download that will resolve this problem? Thanks for any input.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

First of all, always use WMP 6.4 or possibly GDIVX for playback.

If that fails to recitfy your problem, load the file into virtualdub and post the "file informatoin" as well as any potential errors or prompts you may recieve.

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

have 2 movies that have excellent quality pictures but not a bit of sound.
      It is likely that the sound stream is in AC3 format. Installing the AC3 codec from either the Nimo or Tsunami codec pack will help. Alternatively, install a software DVD player, like WinDVD or PowerDVD. In the case of an ogg format sound stream, you will need to get the Ogg Vorbis Direct Show filter implementation for WMP from Doom9. IF it still does not help, doing as Batman suggested will reveal what format the audio stream is in.

Comment

• v8firebird90
        • Jul 2002

Thanks for your help! I downloaded a different player earlier called "The Playa" and got the newest one to work great. I am going to try your suggestions on the other one since it still doesn't work right. Thanks again

Comment

Working...