X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amit_mash
    • Dec 2001

Converting from AVI/MPEG to MOV format

Hi,

Is there any way/Software (freely available) that can convert audio/video files of .avi or .mpeg format to .mov format ??

Through RAD Video Tool, I could convert from .mov to .avi, but I want to convert the other way round as well, since only then will I be able to export my edited movie files (in .mov format) back to my digital cam.

Expecting a quick reply (if any esteemed person has it...)
    Regards,
    Amit.
  • WalkerBoh
    • Dec 2001

I guess RAD Video Tools might be the right for you ... it works really nice (except my problem I have with it described in my new thread...)

notice: if you want to convert a .mov to .avi, often the audio is protected, so you have to convert only video and record the audio data with something like total recorder ...

Comment

• amit_mash
      • Dec 2001

Thanks WalkerBoh for your reply!

I have downloaded RAD Tools featuring Bink and Smacker (Version 1.2h). However, when I select any .avi file and try to convert it to .mov, it gives an error saying "Unsupported Output file depth or color range". Also on clicking the "Convert to" button, the dropdown list does not show the option for converting to .mov files

It was because of this problem that I had posed my earlier question on this forum.

Can u please let me know whether I am using the correct version/product, or that I need to download something else ? If so, please also specify the concerned url for that site.

Thanks and Regards,
      Amit.

Comment

• WalkerBoh
        • Dec 2001

Hi....

sorry, I don´t know how to help you - I ´ve only few experience with that program... has anyone other an idea??

Comment

• tecknojunky
          • Dec 2001

Trye QuickEditor

I'm not sure but I think it's with that tool that I have converted .mov preview files to divx. Nicky's page talk also about how to encode Quicktime .mov file.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

The following is from the docs accompanying SmartVid:

"SmartVid is a codec independent, bi-directional video file converter
            which converts between the Microsoft Video for Windows AVI format and
            the Apple QuickTime MOV formatall audio formats."

Comment

Working...