Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d-clone
    • Jul 2002

Fast Forward crash in Divx Player

When I try to play a movie I just encoded witht the Divx Player that came with Divx 5 bundle, it crashes. If I rewind it does it too. It doesnt do it when I pause though.
    If I play it in WMP and fast forward, the audio gets out of sync, but its still plays.
    I know itd not a sync problem though, becasue if i watch the whole thing, it doesnt go out of sync.
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

Re: Fast Forward crash in Divx Player

Originally posted by d-clone
    When I try to play a movie I just encoded witht the Divx Player that came with Divx 5 bundle, it crashes. If I rewind it does it too. It doesnt do it when I pause though.
    The divx player is still somewhat buggy.

Originally posted by d-clone

If I play it in WMP and fast forward, the audio gets out of sync, but its still plays.
    I know itd not a sync problem though, becasue if i watch the whole thing, it doesnt go out of sync.
    Usually the video will take a few seconds to catch up with the audio, after seeking. It might be more on slower systems.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• d-clone
      • Jul 2002

My movie looks somwhat grainyish in WMP, as if it has a rough texture embossing it. With the Divx Player, it looks great thats why I want to use that.
      Whats the best player out there?

Comment

• divxdude
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Dec 2001

i have a P4 1.5 Ghz and 512 MB's of RDRAM, in WMP and DivX player i see no difference in quality at full screen.

Comment

• d-clone
          • Jul 2002

About the fast forward crash, it only happens with the videos i encoded, it doesnt happen with the movies i´ve downloaded.
          What does a player base itself to know where to play a movie after you move the slider?

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

What does a player base itself to know where to play a movie after you move the slider?
            For DivX, it's keyframes. For MPG, I think it's just a matter of which time position you place the slider at.

@divxdude, nice system.

Comment

• d-clone
              • Jul 2002

I found the problem.
              If anybody else has it (or anybody in the forum hears about this prob), you gotta go to the decoder configuration and deselect, or reduce the film effect slider at the bottom.
              As for the crashes when fast forwarding, i think its just a buggy player from what i hear over at the divx.com forums
              Last edited by d-clone; 20 Jul 2002, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Working...