Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kwstzhdrc
    • Jul 2002

DVM audio codec

OK, I have a DivX (low motion file) which, according to AVIcodec (found at www.divx-digest.com) uses the DVM audio codec, which it says is unsupported by my system. This would make sense since I have no audio for this file (in fact the volume control is grayed out on WMP 6.4).

The question is:
    What is this audio codec (DVM) and where do I get it? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the divx-digest site. Oh, and if this helps, it is apparently 5 channels. And in order to preempt anyone who believes I should download one of the codec packages (eg Nimo) from the site, I must warn you that I hesitate to do so unless absolutely necessary, considering the various problems I have heard of. Preferably, I can get just the DVM audio codec.

Thanks
  • TerryC
    • Jul 2002

*BUMP*

i have the same problem with one of my divx movies. it's encoded with dvm 5 channels audio as well and i could only see the picture but not the sound.

anyone knows?

terry

Comment

• TerryC
      • Jul 2002

Re: DVM audio codec

Originally posted by kwstzhdrc
      OK, I have a DivX (low motion file) which, according to AVIcodec (found at www.divx-digest.com) uses the DVM audio codec, which it says is unsupported by my system. This would make sense since I have no audio for this file (in fact the volume control is grayed out on WMP 6.4).

The question is:
      What is this audio codec (DVM) and where do I get it? I can't seem to find it anywhere on the divx-digest site. Oh, and if this helps, it is apparently 5 channels. And in order to preempt anyone who believes I should download one of the codec packages (eg Nimo) from the site, I must warn you that I hesitate to do so unless absolutely necessary, considering the various problems I have heard of. Preferably, I can get just the DVM audio codec.

Thanks
      hi,

i have the answer now. you need a codec called "a3c pack" or something like that. after restarting, you should be able to play the avi with sound.

i think theres also another proggy called "morgan stream switcher" which does the job.

Comment

• zeryphex
        • May 2005

Re: Re: DVM audio codec

Originally posted by kwstzhdrc

The question is:

Thanks
        Originally posted by TerryC
        hi,

i have the answer now. you need a codec called "a3c pack" or something like that. after restarting, you should be able to play the avi with sound.

i think theres also another proggy called "morgan stream switcher" which does the job.
        ...alright, dumfuk...it's called "AC3"...not "A3C"...so stop misleading people with your ignorance.

AC3 Filter (http://www.free-codecs.com/AC3_Filter_download.htm) should be able to do the job, and you shouldn't have to restart for it to work...b/c it worked for me.

Download CodecViewer (http://www.snake-basket.de/programs.html) to help show which video and audio codecs you need to view a file. Once you have the executable on your puter, just click the file and drag it onto the CodecViewer executable. CodecViewer will, then, start while displaying the file codec information.

These links are up and active as of Saturday, May 21, 2005, so I apologize if they go down or don't work sometime in the future.

Stop the ignorance...it's a vicious cycle.

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

...alright, dumfuk
          Pretty strong for a first post, especially a reply to a post made nearly 3 years ago.

zeryphex: Please read the rules, in particular rule 2 about being polite:

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...