Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Avan
    • Apr 2002

yet again... playback problem

Ive downloaded this divx movie form kazaa.... "From Hell".

i dont know what ive done, but almost every movie played normally on my comp. onthing hardly went ever wrong. but now, i know one movie keeps on going really choppy, and this new one, plays, but i dont have any sound...

i used to use only windows media player, if that didnt work, i used the gdivx player, because it required less cpu power than the playa or the other from the divx team.

so i guess i want to install the best and only codecs i need all over again.

which ones? where do i find them again? And what about the no sound problem?

Thanks a lot guys!!!
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

i dont know what ive done, but almost every movie played normally on my comp. onthing hardly went ever wrong. but now, i know one movie keeps on going really choppy, and this new one, plays, but i dont have any sound...
    Sounds like you are missing the necessary codecs for the sound format, which may be one of these:
    1. MP3
    2. WMA (Download codec from MS via WMP, or install 3.11a)
    3. AC3 (Install the AC3 codec from a codec pack, or install a software DVD player)
    4. OGG (You need the Ogg Vorbis Direct Show filter implementation)

Or it's possible that the movie file does not have sound in it. You can check using Virtualdub's File Information.

so i guess i want to install the best and only codecs i need all over again. which ones? where do i find them again?
    Install ALL available codecs from a codec pack, though you're bound to run into the problem of one or more of the codecs conflicting with each others.

Softwares are available from the following sites:
    DivX Digest
    Doom9

Comment

Working...