Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

What OS do you have? How long have you had the PC?

I had a HD failure on an old W95 PC and I just figured that it's shot, no use trying to repair it. I just use it for decoration
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

NVidia Geforce 4 MX440
      Usually a good sturdy card, used a lot of them and the 400 models in builds,
      they all are doing fine. Drivers will mess them up tho. And I thought nvidia was bad and then fooled with 2 ati cards that were much worse.

Comment

• nwg
        Left *****
        • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by AlienX69
        If it happens again, I would pull all connections, cards and CPU and reseat everything to be sure it was not a connection issue ..... especially the video card and your Main power connect to the mobo....

AX

The computer is dead. It just beeps at me with nothing on the screen.

The computer was built two and a half year ago and has WinXP. So far, it has had three PSU's, two motherboards, and two hard disks.

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

there's something wrong(obviously), voltage surges? Now hard drives don't fail like that? You might have an intermittant short in some component but that would not hose a mobo or hard drive, but would just blow a power supply?(especially a cheap one)

step 1: always disconnect all devices from power except mobo/hard drive/
          cpu fan

power issue from shorts would hose an os on a hard drive

Comment

• futurex
            Outlaw Ridah
            • Mar 2005

it doesnt look like a video card problem to me. the puter should be able to function without one, just wont have anything on screen.

looks like psu or mobo
            Futurex

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

It's not PSU. It has three already in two years. It is also on its second motherboard.

Comment

• futurex
                Outlaw Ridah
                • Mar 2005

take out the video card and other pci cards and see if the beeping continues
                Futurex

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

reseat the ram

Comment

• futurex
                    Outlaw Ridah
                    • Mar 2005

the replies in this thread are like the doctors of ancient rome lol
                    Futurex

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

It just beeps at me with nothing on the screen.
                      those beeps are post errors and mean something, the video one is different
                      than the ram

Comment

• Zero G
                        Next to Arch Stanton
                        • Jan 2006

That really sucks! I hope you get to the bottom of the problem.
                        "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• UncasMS
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2001

i havent read the entire thread so bear with me in case it has been mentioned before but this pretty much looks like the vga's ram is to blame

did you try another vga?
                          Last edited by UncasMS; 14 Feb 2006, 03:12 AM.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                            Queen of Digital Video
                            Queen of Digital Video
                            • Jan 2004

I know you have said that it just beeps at you, are the beeps short and fast?
                            I once had a similar problem how ever my screen did nt look like yours. My pc when I tried to boot it up gave 3 short beeps about ever 30 seconds. It was the memory. I put in new memory and all was well.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• nwg
                              Left *****
                              • Jun 2003

It is not graphics or the RAM. It does the same beeps (continous long beeps) with the graphics card and the hard disks removed.

I have decided to upgrade to a new box instead.

Comment

• Zero G
                                Next to Arch Stanton
                                • Jan 2006

Onward and upward!
                                "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

Working...