Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nwg
    Left *****
    • Jun 2003

I don't have a replacement battery so I will have to get one. Even if it works. I will now use the computer as a wireless server as now really want to upgrade.

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

ok, i get it - all you were looking for was a good excuse

Comment

• NightTran
        King of Digital Video
        King of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by UncasMS
        ok, i get it - all you were looking for was a good excuse
        to buy a new computer
        sigpic

Comment

• nwg
          Left *****
          • Jun 2003

The battery didn't work. I got the same error.

Comment

• Zero G
            Next to Arch Stanton
            • Jan 2006

So, upgrade it is?
            "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by Zero G
              So, upgrade it is?
              Yep.

It will be that case linked above with the Asrock 939NF4G-SATA2 mobo and 2GB of Kingston DDR400 RAM. I have also ordered a Athlon 64 3700. It should be quite a upgrade from a Athlon XP 2000 with 512MB. The mobo can also take a X2 processor.

I have also had to order a cheap sound card to keep a coaxial digital out (RCA) for use on my AV Amp when playing DVD's on my projector.

Comment

• Zero G
                Next to Arch Stanton
                • Jan 2006

Should be great when you get it all together. I need mine to break. It'll be the only way I upgrade for a while.
                "Wanted in 14 counties of this state. The condemned is found guilty of the crimes of murder, armed robbery of citizens, state banks and post offices, the theft of sacred objects, arson in a state prison, purgery, bigamy, deserting his wife and children, inciting prostitution, kidnapping, extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen goods, passing counterfeit money, and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned is guilty of using marked cards...therefore according to the powers vested in us, we sentence the accused here before us Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan Ramirez also known as the Rat and any other aliases he may have to hang by the neck until dead."

Comment

• Furiousg
                  If you have any poo....throw it now
                  • Dec 2005

What about all the PC's in the back room Zero?? I'm sure you could wrangle up a monster of a setup with all those. No need to spend carelessly
                  -FuriousG-

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

Should be great when you get it all together. I need mine to break. It'll be the only way I upgrade for a while.
                    I keep trying to break mine

CPU Properties:
                    CPU Type AMD Athlon 64
                    CPU Alias Venice S939
                    CPU Stepping DH-E3
                    CPUID CPU Name AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3000+
                    CPUID Revision 00020FF0h

CPU Speed:
                    CPU Clock 2519.73 MHz
                    CPU Multiplier 9.0x
                    CPU FSB 279.97 MHz (original: 200 MHz, overclock: 40%)
                    Memory Bus 251.97 MHz

Comment

• Zero G
                      Next to Arch Stanton
                      • Jan 2006

I won't even get into what I use. You'd hurt yourself laughing!

Comment

• AlienX69
                        Interstellar Traveler
                        • Feb 2005

Originally Posted by nwg
                        I have decided to upgrade to a new box instead.
                        Good choice ..... newegg.com !!!!

AX

Comment

• nwg
                          Left *****
                          • Jun 2003

I won't even get into what I use. You'd hurt yourself laughing!
                          My other PC is just a PIII 500, 256MB RAM. It doesn't even have Windows XP or even a DVD writer on it at the moment.

Comment

• Zero G
                            Next to Arch Stanton
                            • Jan 2006

I'm just a step above that. LOL

It works though!

Comment

• Furiousg
                              If you have any poo....throw it now
                              • Dec 2005

It takes Zero a little under 22 hours to rip a vid.
                              -FuriousG-

Comment

• Zero G
                                Next to Arch Stanton
                                • Jan 2006

I think not!

Comment

Working...