• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Hi folks,

BenBryant ... fianlly I installed the AVI2DVD version 0.4.4Beta.

Q1: Does this version have all the latest programs ... you know like your favorite HCEnc?

I did some test runs of some small clips and SOUND is a problem. I started with an AVI file and chose different Encoders and all ended up with the same result. The AC3 file (I guess made by BeSweet) it sounds good and the LEVEL is normal enough. BUT, when I play my DVD folder with WinDVD or even VideoLAN Player the SOUND LEVELs are TOO LOW.

Q2: What is causing this problem? How do I get around it?

Thanks!
    G!

Comment

• benbryant
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Aug 2005

Apparently, AVI2DVD version 0.4.4Beta seems to have most up to date programs included except DGIndex is still 1.4.7 instead of 1.4.8. But no problem at all, version 1.4.7 works very well too

About the low volume problem. when you encode audio, for example from WAV to AC3, the volume usually become lower. If the input audio is relatively low, the AC3 output becomes very low. To overcome the problem, you can increase the volume level by using VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod, or raise the volume with BeLight and BeSweet before converting to DVD with Avi2DVD. Please read some information from those links below:

Talk about the AVI file container, and the Divx/Xvid codecs that are most commonly found in AVI files

Or you can increase the volume of AC3 audio after encoding with Avi2DVD by demux the file with ProjectX, increase the volume with BeLight+BeSweet and mux them up with Muxman. There are so many different ways to do with free tools. Search and look for the method that you are comfortable with. Good luck

Regards

Comment

• gonwk
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

Hi BenBryant,

THANKS for taking the time and answering back. Also, appreciate the 2 url's that you provided me.

BTW, "Muxman" is not a Freeware anymore ... right? I went to its site and it says you have to join and so forth!!! Am I correct or is there a portal with Free version of it?

Also, what other free program would do what Muxman does?

Thanks!
        G!

Comment

• benbryant
          Digital Video Master
          Digital Video Master
          • Aug 2005

@gonwk

Muxman's standard version is still free. You can download it from this link:

There are some nice to have programs such as TMPGEnc Plus, MPEG Video Wizard,... but unfortunately you'll have to pay after their trial times expire

Regards
          Last edited by benbryant; 6 Sep 2006, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• gonwk
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2005

BenBryant,

Thanks! Got it ... will test it out. Just I have to find me some files now.

G!

Comment

• edd32
              • Sep 2006

hey benbryant i read all your help responces and read your tutorial helped alot.. i just need help how to update hc .015 to hc .018 in avi2dvd thanks in advanced i

edd

Comment

• benbryant
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Aug 2005

Whats new v. 0.4.4 beta
                Fixed : Problems with muxing audio+video. (0 byte iso)
                Fixed : Problem of 100% cpu utilization
                Updated : More sofisticated audio extraction
                Updated : MatroskaSplitter, Realmedia splitter, VsFilter, Haali Media Splitter
                Updated : DGIndex 1.4.7
                Updated : freeenc 0.5.0 , HcEnc 0.1.8
                Updated : German, Croatian languages
                The latest version 0.4.4 beta comes preloaded with HCEnc 0.1.8. You don't have to switch the encoder. Get it from here:

Regards

Comment

• edd32
                  • Sep 2006

hey thank u very much men.. very very fast reply

edd

Comment

• richard11
                    • Sep 2006

Tweaking AviSynth

Thanks for the guide, it really helped me a lot

One question though is about AviSynth. After converting an avi file with subs into DVD, the end result was a bit wierd since AviSynth converted the image to a different format than the original: from 720x304 to 704x576. I selected 16:9 in both input and output tabs.

The generated script shows it uses the LanczosResize command. Is there a way to change the coversion done by AviSynth?

Thanks!

Comment

• Mystery681
                      • Jul 2006

error message

I have come up with an error of souce could not find compressor...or something very similiar to that. Screen closed off before I could read it exactly. Any ideas what I should do next?

Comment

• benbryant
                        Digital Video Master
                        Digital Video Master
                        • Aug 2005

@richard11

For PAL DVD compatible file, its resulution should be either 720x576 or 704x576. Well, Avi2Dvd did it for you. If you want to keep the original resolution 720x304, how you can burn DVD with that?

Regards

Comment

• benbryant
                          Digital Video Master
                          Digital Video Master
                          • Aug 2005

@Mystery681

Sorry, we can't make any suggestion without a clear error indication. It can be AC3 Decompressor or something else

Regards

Comment

• richard11
                            • Sep 2006

Originally Posted by benbryant
                            @richard11

For PAL DVD compatible file, its resulution should be either 720x576 or 704x576. Well, Avi2Dvd did it for you. If you want to keep the original resolution 720x304, how you can burn DVD with that?

Regards
                            Thanks for your fast reply! The thing is, that the format of 704x576 results in "small/thin faces", like what you get when putting a 16:9 format into a 4:3 box. I checked both 16:9 options for in/out, but it just doesn't seem right. Is there a way around this? The original AVI looks fine, but i would like to burn it to DVD so i can watch it on TV instead of PC.

Thanks!

Comment

• benbryant
                              Digital Video Master
                              Digital Video Master
                              • Aug 2005

Unfortunately, AFAIK, Avi2Dvd doesn't let you change the AviSynth script before encoding. I can only recommend to resize and/or add border your AVI directly with AviSynth and VirtualDub(Mod) before encoding to DVD with Avi2DVD

Regards

Comment

• katana
                                Gold Member
                                Gold Member
                                • Jul 2004

Hi,
                                I have a movie that is split into two 700 MB .avi files, with two accompanying .srt subtitle files. The avi files are .xvid at 25 fps and have .ac3 audio at 448 kb/s.
                                I took a quick look at the Avi2Dvd guide here at the start of this thread, having not used this program before..
                                Is Avi2Dvd capable of converting these two files to a single DVD movie? Or will it only work with a single .avi file?
                                Thanks in advance for any info.

Comment

Working...