X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr Klovernutz
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Jul 2005

looks like the Lite On can scan at max while the sammy gets worse.
    But both seem good at max?

im gonna scan with the pioneer & NEC for comparison.
    maybe put the liteOn in with the Pioneer?

so I guess for saftey sake/ burn at 8x by default (possible 10X with pioneer/ test first)
    actually looking back on the tests where I max everything,
    looks like the Pioneer held on until 16X
    lite on - 12X
    sammy - 14x

and NEC until 12X (?)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dr Klovernutz; 1 Oct 2007, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

damn doc, don't send the samsung back to newegg, send it to me, I'll test a few hundred burns also

you're starting to get the hang of it, your earlier posts were graphing read errors more than burn errors

the liteon is a better reader than the samsung and is more forgiving regarding errors

if I set my lg4163B to do a trt at 8x max, it makes a bad burn look good, but that's useless for discriminating crap from gold

give me a picky drive anyday
      Last edited by Chewy; 1 Oct 2007, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Dr Klovernutz
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy

you're starting to get the hang of it, your earlier posts were graphing read errors more than burn errors
        I think I was burning too fast, but I think the reads were accurate (there was even a physical glip on the actual dvd )

here is th ePioneer scan of the same sammy 8x burn
        Attached Files

Comment

• Dr Klovernutz
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • Jul 2005

I don't know what drive to use for what now!
          errr!

is that NEC 3550 good for anything?

Comment

• Chewy
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2003

actually the nec is probably the best cd burner/cd scanner of the lot. good for cruddy media(sl) also

Comment

• Dr Klovernutz
              Platinum Member
              Platinum Member
              • Jul 2005

well i gotta get these boxes back together
              what drives should I pair up?

final thoughts?

Comment

• Dr Klovernutz
                Platinum Member
                Platinum Member
                • Jul 2005

actually the nec is probably the best cd burner/cd scanner of the lot. good for cruddy media(sl) also
                lol when it sees the dam disc! hah

Comment

• dr_ml422
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • May 2007

I would try the samsung again, they are having some quality problems with the new models, you either get a great burner or a bad one? Pioneer is having bad issues with 112's that stop burning cd's right away or soon thereafter. At least if you get a good samsung it should be more durable than a liteon and scan better than a pioneer.

LG would be a good choice but you already have a good dual layer burner that won't scan, don't need 2 of them
                  hi chewy. i noticed a while back that my pioneer dvr 112 had issues w/reading/writing cds. matter of fact it was the 1st day or so. i didn't make a big deal of it as i have the samsung to complement it and they both burn dvds well. did they come out w/some firmware 4 the pioneer pertaining 2 the cd issues?
                  SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

AFAIK it wasn't a firmware problem, just saw the recall notice

Comment

• dr_ml422
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • May 2007

AFAIK it wasn't a firmware problem, just saw the recall notice
                      hi chewy. so there was a recall. was it by newegg, or pioneer themselves? probably doesn't matter anyway who recalled it, but i can send it back w/a ticket to newegg. what's your suggestion regarding the recall? i'll send it back w/no problem. did they put 1 out that's not having that issue?

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

it was just a few? drives in the 112 and related line that developed the problem

Pioneer Electronics car audio and home theater entertainment products including in-car GPS navigation, Android Auto Enabled Receivers, Apple Car Play enabled Receivers, Pioneer and Elite Receivers, headphones, iphone car stereo, car stereos, bluetooth car stereo, car radio, speakers and Blu-ray/DVD Drives

google is our friend

maybe they will send you a new 115, they are supposed to be even better
                        Last edited by Chewy; 5 Jan 2008, 06:47 AM.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • May 2007

it was just a few? drives in the 112 and related line that developed the problem

Pioneer Electronics car audio and home theater entertainment products including in-car GPS navigation, Android Auto Enabled Receivers, Apple Car Play enabled Receivers, Pioneer and Elite Receivers, headphones, iphone car stereo, car stereos, bluetooth car stereo, car radio, speakers and Blu-ray/DVD Drives

google is our friend

maybe they will send you a new 115, they are supposed to be even better
                          mine is 1 of them. who would take care of this recall? newegg, or pioneer. i definitely have to send it back. just tried to burn a cd and it locked on me. can't open the tray. probably restarting the pc would help. if not i'll just take it out anyway. i saw the link you posted. would pioneer honor the recall even though i went through newegg. thnx.

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

try pioneer, newegg probably won't honor it after this long

Comment

• dr_ml422
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • May 2007

try pioneer, newegg probably won't honor it after this long
                              newegg is pretty good at returns. their replacement policy is w/in 1 year. i just spoke w/pioneer they'll give me a new 112d not 115. they said they're not even selling that yet. is that true? anyhow if i could replace it thru newegg or exchange it which burner would you recommend outside of pioneer? already have the samsung. would have to b an ide also as i only have 1 sata available which the samsung is occupying. lite-on i don't like. way too many issues w/different brands of dvd blanks. thnx.

Comment

• Chewy
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2003

Comment

Working...