Vote Now: Chat Room in Digital-Digest Forum...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwo62
    Super Moderator
    • May 2005

A chat room would be fine... for some subjects...like Cricket,football or soccer.

But if Dvd backup is discussed there,the same questions would be asked over and over again. The same answers would have to be given over and over again.
    ________
    MATRA RANCHO
    Last edited by jwo62; 7 Mar 2011, 05:55 PM.

Comment

• blutach
      Not a god of digital video
      • Oct 2004

As they are in the forum (see Madagascar for example)

Regards
      Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
      [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• jwo62
        Super Moderator
        • May 2005

My point exactly. A chat room could actually Discourage people from using the search function,and make the situation worse.
        ________
        HINO MOTORS

Comment

• drfsupercenter
          NOT an online superstore
          • Oct 2005

I know that in IRC chatrooms, which I occasionaly use, you can save logs, as to go back if you missed something. A chatroom would be nice for the forum!
          CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
          Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
          My DVD Collection

Comment

• Floppy

Originally Posted by jwo62
            My point exactly. A chat room could actually Discourage people from using the search function.
            Im gonna pee on my pants....

That's funny stuff...

Not many do anyway....

Comment

• jm1647
              An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
              • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by Chizzmo
              I definatly like the idea of the chat room, but the thing I really like about the forum now is that you can look back and see things that have been disgussed already and get advise that way instead of having repetative chat. Maybe if there was a way to keep track of chats, and advise on fixing problems this would be great, but ofcourse chat is alwats good anyways to get an immediate response how can you go wrong with that????

The chat could be edited/cut/copied and pasted in to a response or a new topic.

Comment

• jeo
                Digital Video Expert
                Digital Video Expert
                • Feb 2004

i like of all opinions....in special from Floppy and jwo62.

regards
                still sending greens(you can't see but can feel)

geriatric rock fan

Comment

• drfsupercenter
                  NOT an online superstore
                  • Oct 2005

Well, I just think that chatrooms would be neat. Maybe someone like admin could monitor it and then add to our post counts depending on how much we actually helped. By the nature of chatrooms, people say stuff like "what's up" and things like that, which wouldn't count as a post anyway.
                  CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
                  Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
                  My DVD Collection

Comment

• jeo
                    Digital Video Expert
                    Digital Video Expert
                    • Feb 2004

Maybe someone like admin could monitor it and then add to our post counts ..
                    this is out of our target,i can't see nobody here mad to encrease his own number of posts to get respect or get competence.
                    the central idea is expand the forum quality and the help from who can give and take.i'm sure that the number of posts is completely irrelevant for persons that really help.they all are here because they like of this place.
                    still sending greens(you can't see but can feel)

geriatric rock fan

Comment

• jwo62
                      Super Moderator
                      • May 2005

Originally Posted by Floppy
                      Im gonna pee on my pants....

That's funny stuff...

Not many do anyway....
                      So......what? We are just going to give up on the search function?

Dont get me wrong,I did vote yes. I am just a little wary of un wanted side effects.

Originally Posted by Floppy
                      A little opposition is what I call freedom....

I would like to think that there is a little freedom and we can live without killing each other over it but by rather respecting and understanding other peoples views...
                      I Agree.
                      ________
                      Los angeles dispensaries

Comment

• Floppy

@jwo62

Im not giving up on anything but for better or for worst these suggestions should be trialed once in a while... (without us needing to suggest it)

The thing has already been set up.... I put forward a couple of scripts...

To quote the light bulb most famous guy... "I didnt fail one million times I just found a million times how it didnt work"

Nothing always works pefectly but maybe this forum can handle the difference with an edge..... This is where we can be different from everyone else...

1 chat room various topics and voila.... Get 2 topics and two mods and the world is your oister. (to start off.)

So after that what???

Comment

• jm1647
                          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                          • Apr 2005

As blutach pointed out the search function isn't used by many. You can tell that by the number of new posts about the same question/problem.

If a problem is discussed further in a chat room after an initial post, as I would hope that would be how it was going to be used, because I wouldn't want the chat room to replace the forums but to be used a a tool to help the forum and that the information could be found by all. As I mentioned previously the chat could be edited and put into a response with the resolution. Another way to communicate with one another would be to use one of the instant messengers. The same thing could be done, edit the instant messenger conversation and post it in the forum.

Comment

• Floppy

I will reply to this in private.... watch the corner....

Comment

• locoeng
                              Who Farted?
                              • Dec 2005

IRC help room

Is there an IRC chat room for Digital-Digest users? If not why, and if so where?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
                              Walt Kelly

Comment

• jmet
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2002

Nope, we don't need one.

(Yes I know AD has one)

Comment

Working...