Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Jmet: I've increased custom user title length to 50 characters (this is a global change, but since only moderators can change their own titles, it doesn't really matter).

Originally Posted by blutach
    Inconvenient thingy though admin: Read receipt confirmation popup on PMs - can we have a setting that is global for this? And a checkbox if you want to change the global setting for the particular PM?
    I'm not sure what you mean, since I don't use PM. I can actually turn off message tracking (so no receipts can be sent/received) for all registered users, which would get rid of the confirmation popups.

Regarding the search problem: They were out of memory errors because I've only set PHP to use 8 MB per script, and because so many posts have the word "dvd" in them, the script runs out of memory (the minimum word length is 3, so 3 letter words are acceptable for searching purposes). I've increased the memory limit so it should be better now.

About the "Forums Forums": This should be fixed now (no more double "Forums"). Apparently, vBulletin insists that you don't have the word "Forums" already in the title of the forum.

And yes, the old forum did process attachments for Nero serials, but I forgot to do it for the new forum. It's fixed as well.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• jmet
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2002

Still not enough space admin.

I am trying to put this text: http: //img147.echo.cx/img147/9741/ supermoderator23aj. gif

enclosed in the "img" tags

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

Must the file name be so long - supermoderator23aj - can you just upload it as 'X'?

Here is a shorter version - http://img31.echo.cx/img31/8286/x0hm.gif

An even shorter version and better - http://tinypic.com/a49sh
        Last edited by cynthia; 10 Jun 2005, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• jmet
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2002

in HTML, the code is long. If I had login privileges to the server of dd forums, i could just upload it directly to the server. I could make it alot shorter. Instead I have to link to it using the IMG tags.

Comment

• admin
            Administrator
            • Nov 2001

Is 150 characters enough? For the picture, make sure it isn't too big, as otherwise it will spoil the formatting of the pages.

Comment

• cynthia
              Super Moderatress
              • Jan 2004

What this!!!

Now I know what blue was pointing to:
              Inconvenient thingy though admin: Read receipt confirmation popup on PMs - can we have a setting that is global for this? And a checkbox if you want to change the global setting for the particular PM?
              If I want to send a PM and have written it and want to send it - it asks me if I want to have a read receipt confirmation. Two options - Yes and cancel. If I hit cancel it sends my PM without the read receipt confirmation. It must be this that blue is talking about.

But it don't disturb me.

Comment

• admin
                Administrator
                • Nov 2001

vBulletin 3.5 has a checkbox instead of a popup, but it's still in beta at the moment. Upgrading from 3.0.x to 3.5 shouldn't be as hard as upgrading from 2.x to 3.x, so once it goes into release, I'll install it and the popup will be gone.

Comment

• jmet
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2002

Originally Posted by admin
                  Is 150 characters enough? For the picture, make sure it isn't too big, as otherwise it will spoil the formatting of the pages.
                  I couldnt make it work using the < img > tag, the [ IMG ] tag, or just the plain URL.

Comment

• admin
                    Administrator
                    • Nov 2001

You have to use HTML only. Post the code here, maybe there is something wrong with it.

Comment

• Mig$y
                      Retired
                      • Jan 2004

&gt;Jmet

Give this one a go bud....

Comment

• blutach
                        Not a god of digital video
                        • Oct 2004

Nice migsy!

@admin - I just think that every user should have the ability to set his preferences whether he wants read receipts or not. For those that don't (except occasionally), they can set this preference and on those occasions where they do, they can tick a "read receipt" box, say.

Also, if you have a list of PMs and you want to delete them, you need to highlight the PMs (one-click like before, so OK), but instead of there being a "Delete" button, you need to go to the "Move to" box and select "Delete" and then click on "Go". Yecch! I would certainly like simply to single-click on a Delete button in the PMs. What do others think? Is this possible?

Thanks a bunch.

Regards
                        Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                        [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• jmet
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2002

Originally Posted by admin
                          You have to use HTML only. Post the code here, maybe there is something wrong with it.
                          I'll email it to ya admin.

Comment

• Shamus_McFartfi
                            • Jun 2005

Originally Posted by jmet
                            I'll email it to ya admin.

Hmm.... seems to work fine, mate.

EDIT: Never mind. Having a blonde moment.
                            Last edited by Shamus_McFartfi; 10 Jun 2005, 11:48 PM.
                            Unemployed DVD Decrypter beta tester

Comment

• admin
                              Administrator
                              • Nov 2001

vBulletin 3.5 does have the check box (see the attached image), but I don't think there is an user selectable option to determine whether this checkbox should be selected or deselected by default (there may be a global one, or such an option for an entire usergroup). This change would require quite a bit of modification to the private message functions. There might already be a unofficial hack for this, but I don't want to make too many changes now that I know how hard it is to upgrade from them

As for the other suggestion, it sounds reasonable, but it would mean a lot of work (modifying every style, creating a "delete" button for each style, etc...), and I would have to do it all over again once the next version comes out. You should really pop by the vBulletin forums (http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/) and post your suggestions there, because they do take into account all the suggestions, so you might see these changes being implemented for real in the upcoming version.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• jmet
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2002

Originally Posted by Shamus_McFartfi
                                EDIT: Never mind. Having a blonde moment.
                                I call those "Brainfarts".

Comment

Working...