• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rsquirell
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Feb 2003

Warning: Tsunami Filter Pack 3.9.9

If you are a DAZZLE user the DVXCEL capture utility will be disabled when you install this package. You'll have to uninstall it, system restore, reinstall the 150 and go get the updated drivers. To Everyone: before you install it would be wise to copy xpsp1 to disc and have it in the tray so if a warning pops up during install that you about to replace a filter with an unknown file you'll be able skip that particular filter so your current video equipment will continue to operate those devices. Don't know if this skip will effect the Tsunami applications.
  • Batman
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2002

As a general rule, when using codec packs, install only the codecs you will actually need to avoid system conflicts.

Comment

• rsquirell
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Feb 2003

Good Advice...It also disabled Windows Media Player 9 and I don't know what else. I just reinstalled 9 and everything seems fine...so as I discover bad devices I'll just reinstall and assume it was the pack.

Comment

• rsquirell
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Feb 2003

Reminds me of when a friend built my first computer from a catalog, loaded WordPerfect and handed me a floppy with the latest OS...MS/DOS2.2 which I had to place in drive "B" to boot. He gave me a manual a foot thick and said," If you have any problems give me a call." I cracked the manual, Page 1, Step 1: "Formatting the disc"....well you know what happened. He came back the next day with another DOS disc muttering inaudible things under his breath. "But it said...""Skip page 1" "But it said...""Skip page 1""OK".

Comment

• Batman
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2002

Yeah installation used to be complex affair through DOS and 52 disks for a program.....lots of times one or two disks would be corrupt and then you'd waste about an hour installing

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

If you are a DAZZLE user the DVXCEL
            and if you arent: enjoy the best filterpack available: tsunami 3.9.9

Comment

• t3ch
              H4x0r of Gibsons
              • Mar 2003

lol, gg uncasms

What's dazzle, anyways?
              OGSTH! my webpage
              ----------------------------
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

What's dazzle, anyways?
                a video capture / editing card

Comment

• GummyB
                  • Apr 2003

I have Dazzle

I use Dazzle to capture clips from my DVD player. But thanks to DVDx, I don't need it anymore!

Comment

Working...