Problems with AC3 sound in AVI file! PLEASE HELP?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joseph
    • Feb 2003

Problem solved. Thank to all ho help with advise. The latest iviaudio.ax filter from WinDVD 4 Platinium and playing film with BS Player are the successful cobination!

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

ivaudio.ax is the intervideo audio filter which i said tsunami installs by default

Comment

• Nadav
        • Dec 2002

Great ! I see that there is a filter that solved the probe

But I don't want to dwonload the all tsunami, I have inter Video WinDVD 3.1 installed in my comp, and the filter "iviaudio.ax" is in the software folder, is this what I need or should I update it?

File Properties on iviaudio.ax showed me that this is version 3.0.55.0 ...

Is there a way to download the filter alone? without installing the all WinDVD? I whould like to download only the filter, and where should I put him in my comp? (path)
        Is this filter has a limitation ?

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

To Nadav

Download DVD Genie and use it to register your WinDVD filters with Windows. All of your programs will then be able to access the WinDVD .AC3 filter (iviaudio.ax)...

Comment

• Nadav
            • Dec 2002

Don't want to be nagger but ...

Why do I need to register using DVD Genie? is this necessary?

If I'll download the tsunami pack and install the intervideo Audio decoder will I have to use DVD Genie too ?

Let's say I don't have anything in my comp, What do I need to download for SPDIF Support? Just the filter in Tsunami ?

Please understand me it's very new to me .

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

To Nadav

"Registering with Windows" is merely a reference to making an entry in the Windows Registry - either directly via a batch file or through DVD Genie's "Register filters' radio button...

(You are not required to create any kibnd of "registration", if that's what worried you ;>})

Comment

• Joseph
                • Feb 2003

To Nadav:
                Give me your e-mail and I will send you the latest iviaudio.ax ver 4.5. The registration is simple: made a bat file with notepade with follow row: c:\windows\system\regsvr32 /s iviaudio.ax and do not forget to copy the ax file to c:\windows\system. If you using Win98 you may have some other promlems with Direct 3DSound which is set Default for this system. The solution is to set the Wave Out in order to can use the SPDIF out.

Comment

• Nadav
                  • Dec 2002

Joseph - Did you got my private message ?

Comment

• UncasMS
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2001

where did you get your version of tsunami?

sorry, i misread that sentence before.

the answer is: tsunami sent me the filterpack

Comment

• Joseph
                      • Feb 2003

@ Nadav

Check your mail.

Comment

• digitaldick
                        • Feb 2003

more about that.....

Joseph- glad you got your problem solved. Did you ever install the tsunami filter pack? This thread became very tough to follow after all the "impoliteness". Thanks for any followup.

< Problem solved. Thank to all ho help with advise. The latest iviaudio.ax filter from WinDVD 4 Platinium and playing film with BS Player are the successful cobination!>

be humble....be wise!

Comment

• Joseph
                          • Feb 2003

@ digitaladick
                          As you mentioned above some of the people from this forum are highly rude and unpolite.
                          My opinion is that in a forum people have to help eachother, and have to learn some phrasese like: I can help you.., I will send you..., You have to look at...etc.
                          Not to reply: "you are able to read, arent you?" !!!!!!!
                          By the way I had never install Tsunami pack. I do not need it. Only register iviaudio.ax (latest ver.4.5 download from http://www.geocities.com/wilbertdijkhof/) and mpegaudio.ax - you can find it on http://www.divx-digest.com/software/. The registration in Win98- I explained in my previous message. After that restart the computer and enjoy the 5.1 sound from your AVI file by the SPDIF.
                          If above note work for you, please write a message - If I can I will help with info. If you use Win 98 you will have additional problems with Direct3d Sound wich is set to Default in your system. You can set Wave Sound Out to default in Win 98 in order to can use SPDIF.

Best Regards
                          Last edited by Joseph; 3 Mar 2003, 05:26 AM.

Comment

• UncasMS
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2001

joseph

sometimes stupid questions are getting on my nerves, thats why i replied the way i did.

when you first said, there was no SPDIF with that very ac3 codec you used, i replied in a helpful way stating that **that ac3 filter above does NOT support spdif afaik**

afterwards, however, the part i consider stupid came:

++
                            Nothiing happens when click on S/PDIF - Moonlight Odio Decoda. When restart mplayer2.exe can not find codec for sound at asll!
                            On AC3 Filter v.0.63 - SPDIF not working at all!@!
                            ++

that's when i asked myself: what the hell do i post an answer for if people like you simply seem to ignore its content!

thus i replied: ** you are able to read, arent you?** because how many more times would someone had to reply that the ac3 filter 0.63 does NOT handle spdif.

maybe you call that kind of reply **highly rude and unpolite**, i consider ignorance and laziness rude and impolite, as this is wasting other peoples time.

and in addition to that, why did you not post the simple line to register the iviaudio.ax and a download link here in the forum instead of using mail in order to help future readers of this thread??
                            Last edited by UncasMS; 3 Mar 2003, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Working...