X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ardor_2000
    • May 2002

Techno,

Can you clarify "GK", please?

I see this is a completely other method. I like to try it. Can I find somewhere a detailled description concerning this method? To have some more background...

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Doom9's guide will clearly explain everything you need.

p.s. GK is GordianKnot, which is very friendly to newbies as well as good-to-use for experienced users. It automates many tasks, which is always a good thing.

Comment

• techno
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Nov 2001

very handy, well, it is the CORE part of converting a VOB to avi using nandub 2pass method! It creates a psuedo/fake avi, is that correct Enchanter? or "frameserving"

Techno

Comment

• ardor_2000
          • May 2002

It worked!!! Yes, with Gordian Knot.
          So if I may resume:
          First of all I have ripped a DVD with Smartripper. Secondly I have used DVD2AVI. ( save project file)
          After that I have opened this file and made an *.avs file ( save & encode) with Gordian Knot.
          I have added a new frame server job ( audio1: just mux etc...)
          Finally I've converted the AVI-file to MPG in order it to put it on a VCD.

I would like to thank Techno and Enchanter!!

Just a final ( maybe very stupid?) question: I can 't understand why the final MPEG file has a size of +/- 900 MB?( so I've needed 2 CD-R's) I thougt a movie of 1 hour and a half fits always on +/- 650 MB? ( 1 VCD). Is that right or..?
          Maybe I did something wrong? ( compression...?)

THX

Comment

• techno
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Nov 2001

Not a problem, anytime! Your welcome.

ALL the time, when u make a VCD the file size varies, ALL the time.

Now, if u have a 700MB CD (80 mins) and the movie is < 80 mins then you can burn it regardless the file size.

How? Use NERO!

Let's say u have a 1GB VCD made. and it is less than 80Mins, you can STILL burn it on 1 CD because as long as the lenght of the movie is less than the stated capacity on the CD, NERO, and only NERO, will burn it regardless the file size!!!

Techno

Comment

Working...