Secondary/Primary audio track playback option, where??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • james222
    • Jul 2002

Secondary/Primary audio track playback option, where??

where is the option to play ONLY the second (or the primary) audio in WMP from a Divx movie which has been encoded with 2 audio tracks?

At present i am getting both tracks playing simultaneously with the video.

I used to Nandub to integrate the audio files ( after encoding with Divx5 and extraction with GordianKnot etc) and assumed that WMP would recognise the fact that there were 2 audio tracks and therefore giev me the option of which I wanted to play with the video.

I assumed this, as the guide i was following made no further mention of DivXing playback configuration after Nandub audio integration other than WMP ability to support 2 track audio.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

you need to have morgan stream switcher installed

then you'll be able to choose audiostream 1 or 2 via rightclick.

Comment

• james222
      • Jul 2002

right , thanks for that. i now get only the one audio track playing, which is obviously soem sort of improvement over both playing simultaneously, but i can still find no option to select between the 2. (russian and english)

i can find no 'language option' in WMP - version 7.1 (right-clickign or whatever), which i have just installed over 6.1( thinking thta 6.1 did not support audio track option). But now im thinking its 7.1 that does not support this. - or maybe im not lookign or clickign in the right places.

or must i be runnign another application in conjunction with WMP (and morgan switcher - which i assume is runnign anyway - and is the reason why now i get only the one track and not both simulateanously)

cheers

Comment

• james222
        • Jul 2002

sorted - well nearly.

yes, it does seem that i shouldnt have bothered to upgrade to WMP 7.1 as Morgan Stream Switcher is not compatible with WMP above 6.4.

I just need to sort out how to do the subtitles - i.e. turn them on or off dependent on the audio track - ( i kno wthis isnt the place as its an entirely different quesition) - i extracted them with vobsub (althoguh the file size of the 2 files made seems not correct - a 6kb and a 264 kb file for a 76min film!) - and havnt really understood clearly what i do with them next - ? direct vob sub?

cheers

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

sorry forgot to mention: any wmp above 6.4 is total crap!

use 6.4 or bspalyer oder powerdivx nex gen

for your subtitle prob: vobsub might be a good idea for PERMANENT subs.

for optional ones maybe SRT might be a good format - it is some sort of a testfile a user can optionally turn on.

Comment

• james222
            • Jul 2002

SRT?

what(is SRT within vobsub?), how and where?

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

Digital Digest DivX XviD Software Section - List of recommended, top 10 DivX, XviD and AVI software, latest news and updates

Comment

Working...