Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cavie
    • Jun 2002

DiVX with no sound

Ok, i've got an DiVX movie with an audio stream that is not supported. When i open the file in virtualdub and look at the file info it says: DivX MPEG-4 ect ect and by sound it says: Unknown (tag 2000). I've installd tsunami filterpack and nimo codec pack both the latest versions (5build7, 3.9.3). Virtualdub can extract the sound, but i can't play it with anything ??? does anybody know what codec i've to get ?
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

When you are installing EITHER the Tsunami or Nimo codec (You don't need to have BOTH installed!), make sure that the AC3 codec is checked.

Comment

• Cavie
      • Jun 2002

Originally posted by Enchanter
      When you are installing EITHER the Tsunami or Nimo codec (You don't need to have BOTH installed!), make sure that the AC3 codec is checked.
      Ok, reinstalld Tsunami, AC3 is (and was) checked, but stll the same error. I don't have problems with any auther file ? So i think it's still a missing codec

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Install a DVD player software, such as PowerDVD or WinDVD. See if you can now play the file. If it still does not play, try playing the movie using the DVD player software itself.

Comment

• Cavie
          • Jun 2002

Ok, i'm desparate, i thought that i knew a little bit about DV, But no, i've tried every thing possible. Here's is what i do: I've cut a piece of the movie, both with audio and video direct stream copy, so it should be the same as the original and put it on my web space . Its about 1 mb big. If anyone can figer out, what codec i need, i'll be very happy and ofcourse eternal thanks,

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

your file plays fine
            thus your ac3 filter dont work properly

i'va put different ac3 codecs to the ones that are included in tsunamis filterpack on my page.

give them a try.

copy the files to your windos/system directory and run the bat or cmd file depending on your os.

ac3 filter

Comment

• Cavie
              • Jun 2002

THX mate, pfffffioe That works !!!
              Only Tempgenc doesn't convert the file ??? But thats no probleem BBmpeg does !,

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

if you want tmpeg to work with those files, convert the ac3 to wav first using besweet/besweet gui and load the wave file into tmpeg!

Comment

Working...