Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terrorizer
    • Aug 2002

Some divx's freeze every 5 minutes

Some divx temporaly freeze image for about 5 seconds and then audio has to resynch making it very hard to watch the movie without having nervous breakdown. Is it just a low hardware problem (athloon500+192mbRAM+g400 32mb) or a software problem? I have divx3.11 divx4 and divxpro 5.0.2. I also have the divx antifreeze but it doesnt seem to work. I tried to download the g400-specific codec but it aint working as well. What the heck should I do?

Thanx a lot for your help.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

It does sound like your CPU is having trouble with decoding the particular file. Try playing the movie with all playback filters set to the minimum (nil) and set the dektop to 16-bit colour and 800x600 (or even 640x480). That will help a little.

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

an 500mhz athlon should NOT give you that much of a bad playback!

is it a certain title?
      (divx5 + an ac3 codec for example might be a bit much)

could be some irq-conflict with your sound card!

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Another good suspect would be the resolution of the video. 640x480 may be a bit too much for the 500MHz CPU, especially when playback filters are in use.

Comment

• Terrorizer
          • Aug 2002

Hey dudes, thanx for your time. I tried to lower the screen resolution as you suggested, but nothing. I tried even with 640*480*256colors, but still the divx freeze. I also noticed that regardless of what resolution i select, the films freeze at the same time. ( i mean, that film freezes for instance at 0.4.12 with 1024*768*32bit and freezes again at 0.4.12 with 640*480*8bit).
          I maybe should remove all playback filters, but i sincerly don't know what they are and what to do to remove them
          Could maybe the cause be the p2p client and such which constantly download stuff 24/7? but those clients download stuff into another drive, so it seems quite impossible....

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Try playing your original DVD movie and see if the same freeze occurs at the same point. Otherwise, you might want to use DivFix on your "stuttering" video to attempt to remove the freeze frames (if there are any)...

Comment

• Batman
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Jan 2002

This website is for sale! tac.ee is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, tac.ee has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

The divx anti freeze filter solved my problem. Perhaps you may want to give it a try.

Alternatively, what player and what codec are you using to playback your files. Use wmp 6.4 or gdivx. You may also want to uninstall other video codecs and simply install divx 3.11 alpha.

Comment

Working...