Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mackole
    • Aug 2002

Playing DIVX movies is going too fast

I searched on my topic but cant find anything about it. If somebody else posted the same question, I dindnt see it, sorry!

I have a weird problem.
    When I want to watch my divx movies they go too fast. It's almost twice as fast as it should be.

It's not only with mediaplayer, but als with Divx player 2.0 (with the last one it goes even faster).

I dont know really where something went wrong.
    I installed ASPI layer yesterday, but then WIN98 didnt work properly anymore, so I set up Win98 again.

Then I tried to watch a DVD movie but PowerDVD didnt work, so I installed a patch for PowerDVD 3.0. After this PowerDVD did work.

Somewhere around those installs the Divx movie problem came up.
    So I unistalled PowerDVD, but that doesnt work.

I dont know what to do.
    Hope anybody can help me.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

have you re-installed your divx codecs?
    (if not, i'd suggest you did)

Comment

• mackole
      • Aug 2002

yes I did.

I forgot to tell: I also installed DVDDecrypter and decrypted 2 movies. I already uninststalled DVDdecrypter again.

But still no results

Comment

• dani
        • Aug 2002

I have the oposite phenomena

I ripped a movies with divx 5.02, and only the playa 2.0 plays it right. the rest of the player (power dvd and microdvd playes it like in slow motion).
        I wonder what's happening in there...
        Dani

Comment

• mackole
          • Aug 2002

Now I discovered that it is not only with DIVX movies but also with normal DVD's.
          I think it happened after I installed the PowerDVD 3.0 Patch.

I uninstalled everything, but I think there is a file somewhere which is not deleted by unistalling PowerDVD, and which causes the problem.

Does anyone no how I can find out which file the problem causes?

Thnx

Comment

• brad_religion
            • Sep 2003

Divx movies going too fast

Okay, I have had this problem with only one divx encoder called Dr. Divx. Unfortunately, Dr. Divx encodes at 23.976 fps, but tells the computer it is 29.97 fps, which is why the video would play faster for the file. The secret is to encode at the right speed, you have to make sure you know how many fps the original is. If you can adjust the fps for encoding the file on the encoder, it should encode it fine. I use Vidomi to encode my stuff. If you do use Vidomi, make sure in the video options that "Decode as MPEG film" is selected to make sure audio/video stay in sync.

Comment

Working...