Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nestor Cantibus
    • Aug 2002

Divx with AC3 gives choppy playback

When I play a divx with ac3 sound my placback becomes choppy. I have a soundblaster live value with the latest drivers and I dont use the digital output. My videocard is matrox g450. (I already use the g400 filter) I have tried a couple of codec/filter combinations. Tried different ac3 filters, in combin with divx 3.11, 5.02, but no luck. Tried to convert ac3 to pcm and that worked but file becomes very large and out of sync but playback is smooth. If I play the avi's without the ac3 codec installed playback is also smooth but yeah ofcourse no sound. Anyone got a suggestion.

Thanx
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

have you ever tried these settings:

+++++
    In case you want to mux AC3 streams, the following seetings might be useful:
    AC3 192kbit/s => Preload: 80ms Interleave every 80ms.
    AC3 384kbit/s => Preload: 160ms Interleave every 160ms.
    AC3 448kbit/s => Preload: 128ms Interleave every 128ms.
    +++++

to be found in the muxing part of my guide

Comment

• Nestor Cantibus
      • Aug 2002

Dont exactly know what you mean. Where can I find these settings. Seems to me the settings are for encoding an avi. But if you know a good program to convert avi-ac3 into avi-mp3, I would like to know that!

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

if you want to keep ac3, remux audio and video with the apropriate settings (depending of the bitrate your ac3 has)

how to mux audio and video could be found in my guide

to convert ac3 to wav/mp use bewseet and the besweet gui

Comment

• Nestor Cantibus
          • Aug 2002

I tried besweet but it can only open ac3 and vob files. I think I can extract the ac3 file from the avi with another util but then in the end I have a mp3 file and I havent found an util that can reintegrate a mp3 into an avi. Any suggestions? And where can I find your guide.

Thanx

Comment

Working...