Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NaTyDrEd
    • Aug 2002

divx out of sync atfriends house but not mine

me and one of my friend are having probs with divx files i burn to a cd and bring to his house. the A/V are out of sync at his computer but not at mine. i am thinking there is probs with codecs on his computer but we have always been up to date with new codec updates and the scene in general. the files that he had on his computer play fine but just files i bring have sync problems. if any one has any answers or suggestions please reply.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

did you play your files from the cd drive and his from hdd?

Comment

• NaTyDrEd
      • Aug 2002

how files are played

he plays them from his scsi array with is dual amd xp system i dont think that it should have probs but it does

Comment

• vcjack
        • Sep 2002

I have just recently stumbled upon the same problem. I think I may have changed a setting somewhere, but not sure where. Everything was working fine a few days ago, but all the AVI's seem to play about 2x speed, but the sound is normal. I have un/reinstalled the divx5 and 5.02 codec a few times, no change. It does this in WMP 8 and 6.4 and also Zoom player, but NOT divx player alpha (that comes with the codec). Everything else plays fine as well on all players, like MPEG and WMV. Any help would be appreciated.

[edit for spelling]
        Last edited by vcjack; 5 Sep 2002, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• vcjack
          • Sep 2002

Anyone? I'm having similar issues, but mine is specifically where the video plays about 2x speed but audio is normal. have un/reinstalled regular divx5 and 502 bundles (not pro) and had those removed and reloaded nimo 5 beta 8. I'm lost. pretty sure that the videos are fine, just a setting somewhere I'm not seeing. checked everywhere I could think of in display properties and options/prefs for WMP. Any help?

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

sorry mate

no idea

you must be facing some codec trouble - but what(else) to un-/reinstall is something you've got to find out (the hard way).

Comment

• jastheace
              • Sep 2002

I think there may be a common link... its all with a later divx and all on windows XP. I too have the same problem but I have no idea how to remedy it other than a clean format and reinstall codecs individually.

At one point mine worked flawlessly, but now I am having difficulties.

Comment

• vcjack
                • Sep 2002

Exactly, EVERYTHING worked perfectly before LAST WEEK, but now it seems only divx avi's play too fast. I looked around on google and some on here, but everything I tried didn't work... It didn't get any worse, but did not resolve the issue.

Comment

• bazar
                  • Sep 2002

i have the same problem, but only with the new divx movies i think!
                  The sound is in sync on Panic Room, but in the movie colateral damage its not!
                  someone please help!

Comment

Working...