Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NDeh_is1
    • Oct 2002

Why won't it play?

I have two movie files that won't play. The funny thing is that i have two files for Blade 2 and the second file will play. I used G Spot to find out what I needed for sound on the second Blade file. I can't get the first file to play. I pm'ed the guy I downloaded these files from, he said he didn't have any problem playing them on Winamp. I tried downloading Winamp but no luck. The only info I can find on the first Blade 2 file is that its audio is 48.0 kHz and 16bps Mono. But the other file that I can't play (no sound and picture) I can't find any info on it with G Spot. I'm new to movie playback on the comp so can anyone help me out? These are the codes that I have on my compiv3, Div4, DV Video Encoder, Indeo video 5.04 Compression, VDOM, CVID, IV32, MSVC, MRLE, M263, M261, IV50, WMVideo Encoder DMO,
    MS Screen encoder DMO, MJPEG Compressor.
    Do I need more?
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

load the file into nandub and post everything you find under file => file information or post your gspot screenshot

Comment

• NDeh_is1
      • Oct 2002

Won't let me load.

This is what comes up when I try and load the file into nandub. Same for the other file that I can't play (Ice Age) and when I used the DivFix 1.06 to open either file all it told me was that it wasn't a avi file.

Nandub Error Cannot determine file type of
      "C:\My Documents\Blade.2.CD1.DVL.DVDrip.NixD.avi".

Comment

• NDeh_is1
        • Oct 2002

Found Codec???

I found the codec but I don't know what it is. I used the AVI FourCC Code Changer. Here are the results:
        First file for Blade 2
        Four CC Description Code

èûØ
        Four CC Description Used

Ê.þ

For Ice Age
        Four CC Description Code
        ÿT&ú

Four CC Description Used
        ”r¥Œ

I don't know what this means...help.

Comment

• NDeh_is1
          • Oct 2002

Ok I think I have it now. I was told that the Nimo Pack will help me, however whenever I try to install it my audio files won't play. I read the guide but didn't understand what to do. Any help?

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

what you describe so far makes me think your file is corrupt

divx5 could be a good additional codec to your system

Comment

Working...