newbie question - which codecs should i install using the nimo pack?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fizio
    • Oct 2002

newbie question - which codecs should i install using the nimo pack?

hi guys - great board by the way!

i'm running win98SE with media player 7.1 (though i typically use 6.4). up until now, all i've run are the standard codecs that come with media player and divx5. however, lately i've found that with some of the divx movies, the sound is either lagging or ahead by a few seconds all the time. i've played the same movies on a friend's PC who has the nimo pack installed and they worked fine, so i'm assuming its a codec issue on my part.

so what i want to know is, when i install the nimo pack build 8, it gives me the option to install a lot of codecs. first time, i tried to install all of them (figured the more the merrier, right?), but then movies that were playing fine before where either full of green and yellow blocks or interestingly enough, upside down!

so what i'm wondering is, first, how do i uninstall all the new codecs that came with the nimo pack, and second, what are the basic codecs that i should have? what are the most common codecs used, so i can only install the ones i'll need, and is there any order that they need to be installed in using nimo?

any help you could offer would be greatly apprecaited - thanks so much!!
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

i'd suggest you try tsunamis latest filtrerpack 396, which hast all necessary files as default option when using the CUSTOM routine.

uninstall any other packs and try 396 via custom - download it from my page (upper anigif)

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

The unsynchronized audio, may be a problem with your PC (your pc is slow). Check the cpu load, when playing these files in full screen.

Comment

• fizio
        • Oct 2002

hey UncasMS, thanks so much! i did like you told me and now everything is working beautiful!! the sound finally matches the people's moving lips and asf's aren't upside down anymore!!

ty ty ty!

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

dont thank me, thank Tsunami

imho his brandnew filterpack is better than anything else

i'm glad it did the trick for you

Comment

Working...