Video superb, audio missing, used virtual dub...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AntiSceptic
    • Oct 2002

Video superb, audio missing, used virtual dub...

new to this forum, have searched through older posts, and have found the process to check why audio isn't forthcoming & what codec is used for audio
    went through virtualk dub's file info window, result for audio was :
    Unknown (tag 2000)
    (48KHz, 5 channels & 95 Meg frame size incase it helps...)
    UPDATEk, so whilst typiong found that the 2000 tag is pointing towards AC3 codec, but I deifnitely installed that already, and just re-ran it in case....
    OK, so am I right in assuming that I am simply missing a codec, and that the name of the codec is going to involve "2000"?
    went back through divx digest and a few other sites, couldn't find a direct reference
    Along the way I have tried

Windows Media Player 9
    Windows Media Player 6.4 (which doesn't try to download a codec for it automatically :<<, not even an error message)
    DivX player 2 Alpha
    WinAmp 2.8 with VidAmp plug in(sorry if sounds silly, but it used to play some divx that WMP didn't)
    Global DivX (doesn't seem at all stable/happy on my system)
    QuickTime
    The Playa
    PowerDVD
    RealPlayer (desperate by this time)

have installed along the way
    SMR
    Tsunami
    DivX 5.02
    Nemo
    AC3 Audio

My system is WinXP Pro, Athlon 1GHz, 576b RAM, GeForce4 MX440,On-board sound

The same files on the same CD works on a friends system.

If I have missed anything really obvious, please feel free to flame me, but pleeeeease let me know what to do :>
    If I've missed out some vital info that needs to be known before precise instructions can be given, let me know...
    If you can't help, hey ho, thanx for reading this, if you can help, you'd make a tired man very happy, if you can't help but have got a thought as to where to start diggin, please do share....
    btw, its xXx vin diesel movie, CD1 = 677Mb, CD2=691 Mb.....
  • AntiSceptic
    • Oct 2002

ok 2nd update
    searched a bit better round forums and found this :-

so downloaded Elecard MPEG2 Video Decoder v. 2.0 beta Demo
    and now i have sound in WMP, buts its distrorted to funk
    like all the signals arre clipping , changed both master and wave mixer volumes to 10%, my amp right down, best i get is quiet distorted noise
    ho hum
    its a step closer...

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

downlaod the brandnew tsunami filterpack 3.9.6 from my page (upper anigif), run its custom routine (i.e. stick to the defaults) and let me know if that solves your problems or not!

Comment

• AntiSceptic
        • Oct 2002

vielen danke
        alles ißt güt

Comment

Working...