X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seb
    • Oct 2002

Some movies choppy, others not

Hi all

I´ve noticed that some movies I get are a little bit choppy/jerky, while others work perfect. (by the way, is it allowed to talk about downloading movies etc or is this a very legal forum???)

And since most, or at least many, movies are very very jerky in XP´s new Media Player I wonder if there are some way to get these lesser jerky movies to playback perfect, by lets say using another player or install new codecs?

I use Media Player 6.4 or, the so far great Vplayer that very easy lets you add subtitles.

So what I wonder is, if a movie I get is a little jerky, might it be a codec/player problem, or should I just accept it?

Thanks
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

of course we do NOT talk about illegal contents here

by jerky you mean not playing smooth or are we talking about visible artefacts (blocks)?

Comment

• Seb
      • Oct 2002

Yeah, like in not playing smooth.

Just thought since almost all movies are very choppy/jerky/stuttering whatever the right word is in english when using XP´s Media Player 8, I thought that the movies that are a little stuttering in Media Player 6.4 for example, have to do with using wrong player or wrong codecs or something that can be fixed.

But probably there just are lots of movies that arent really perfect out there.....

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

Have you tried BSPLAYER? If not, I would suggest that you give it a try. When you play these problematic files what is the cpu usage?

Comment

Working...