Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CVANR
    • Oct 2002

ac3 conversion

hi again..well it seems I have d/led a file with ac3 sound. I got the ac3 codec and now I want to save a wave file ..The programs I have are goldwave, ac3tool, v-dub1.4-ac3 and tmpgenc12a..will any of these programs convert the file to a wave?...If not which file do I need and where would I find it? I have seen people talking about a PX3converter and I have looked for that file but with no luck. Does that file go by a different name, if so does anyone know what the exact name is please?????
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub v1.4C-AC3, set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copying" and select (under "File") "Save .WAV/.AC3" - and save as .AC3 (IMPERATIVE to save as .AC3!).

Despite the fact that .AC3 file extracted using VDub-AC3 doesn't play properly, PX3AC3Converter (or BeSweet) will do a perfect job of converting it to .WAV format.

Comment

• CVANR
      • Oct 2002

PX3AC3Converter is that the exact name of file? Cause I have looked for that file before and found no matches for it. Any idea where I might find it? I have checked the divx digest and google for it found no links for an exact match?

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Go to:

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

stay away from the out-of-date px3 converter - it has poor surround channel handling!

use Besweet or HeadAC3he

Comment

• CVANR
            • Oct 2002

ac3 conversion

Well it seems I need permision to access that site you gave me setarip? So is besweet or that other prog easy to use uncasMS?

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"Well it seems I need permision to access that site you gave me setarip?"

Well, I just clicked on the link in my previous post to you - and the file download box popped right up. Perhaps, if you have a firewall installed you have to turn it off...

Be that as it may, you can download BeSweet by clicking on either the DivX Digest or DVD Digest links at the top of this page...

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

So is besweet or that other prog easy to use
                besweet comes along with a nice GUI and thus is "easy" to use.

in case you're still experiencing problems downloading the file, use google.com

Comment

Working...