Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hrannarh
    • Nov 2002

All players crash when playing tag2000 audio

Hi ! I've recently aquired a laptop computer (Toshiba Sattelite with GeForce 420 Go) wich I would like to use as a divX player at home. The Sattelite is running XP Professional without SP1.

But I have a problem wich I need help with. Both Media Player & BS Player crash when playing divX files with tag2000 audio. If I uninstall the Codec packs I've installed (but keep the divX codec) the movies play fine but without a sound.

The error message generated by WMP is like this:
    AppName: wmplayer.exe
    AppVer: 9.0.0.2926
    ModName: iviaudio.ax (ac3audio.ax sometimes)
    ModVer: 1.0.0.1
    Offset: 0001121d

I installed WMP 9 as an experiment, WMP 7 generated the same error.

BS Player generates the same error!

On my work computer I have all the codecs installed but only GdiviX Player plays these movies with sound. No crashes though.

I've installed all all kind of codec packs (various versions nemo, popstudio, tsunami etc.) in all possible orders, but the problem wont go away.

I attaced a screenshot of the VirualDub info for two of these movies.

Please help! :-/
    Attached Files
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

did you try TSUNAMIS filterpack?

tag2000 stands for AC3

tsunamis fp 396 contains this filter as well as many other useful codecs and filters.

it can be found on my page (upper anigif)

btw. lovely country you're from

Comment

• Enchanter
      Old member
      • Feb 2002

Try the older classic WMP 6.4 (run the command 'mplayer2.exe' from a Run command), though I have a feeling it will crash nevertheless.

A few suggestions for you:
      1. Reinstall the AC3 codec, and try the one from Tsunami
      2. I believe your laptop is capable of toning down the speed of its CPU when not connected to the mains. Do that and try playing the file again

Comment

• hrannarh
        • Nov 2002

No luck yet

I installed the Full version of the Tsunami pack version 3.9.6 and using WMP 6.4 but without a luck yet.

I think there might be some conflict between one of the codecs and the Yamaha AC-XG soundboard on my laptop.

I've also downloaded the latest video driver from Nvidia and audio driver from Yamaha (Toshiba).

Is "iviaudio.ax" a part the AC3 codec? Maybe I should snoop around on google.com to see if I find something about it.

Iceland is a fine place to live in, but the people are to few (280.000). I'm trying to run a webstore here but the market is still rather small

Bye, HrannarH

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

iviaudio.ax
          ... is Intervideo Audio decoder and thus the ac3 filter

in that 396 tsunamifilterpack you can find another decent ac3 filter: AC3 filter 0.52b

DE-activate the intervideo audio decoder 2.0 and try the one right above it instead.

maybe it'll help

Comment

• hrannarh
            • Nov 2002

I just removed the file (iviaudio.ax) and everything works fine.

I also found out The Sims had a problem with the same file. The Maxis website has a fix, but I had to register to get it (I was too lasy to find out if it works).

Anyway, problem solved for now.

Bye and thanks!
            HrannarH

Comment

Working...