Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • x0lliex
    • Jan 2003

Wont play movie off cd

Hi, I put K-19, the sharereactor version, onto cd and when i tried to play it back again the second part would not work. When I try to take the file off of the cd it will also not work, the drive will just make lots of noise and i eventually get an error message. I tried divfix and that wouold not work as it could not even read the file. Does anyone have any ideas about what i can do. It's really annoying as I spent more than an hour watching the first part and was not able to see the rest of the movie.
    Thanks
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

since the problematic part seems to be reading from your cd, i'd try tools like blindwrite or clonecd.

maybe they will be able to make a working copy of this cd

Comment

• x0lliex
      • Jan 2003

Thanks, I'm trying it with CloneCD right now, it is reading at around 200-300KB/s, not very fast, but at least it is doing something.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

create an image, extract the avi file from this image and scan the file later on to see if it is not defect

maybe loading the file into nandub/virtualdub might fix errors in case of existence or using divfix might be another way to go.

be sure to make a backup of the file BEFORE trying to repair it!

scanning the file for errors might be done with virtualdubmod 1.4.13 or other not too old releases of vd.
        Last edited by UncasMS; 6 Jan 2003, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Working...