Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stormblade
    Video Editing Newbie
    • Jan 2002

BSPlayer looks like a good replacement. So far no problems. Gonna make it the default player for my files and use it for a week or so and see how it goes.

I miss the easy playlist of the WMP 8 interface but I can live without it.
    My Awesome Computer System called Midnight
    The worth of your opinion is in direct proportion to the number of people who have asked for it.

Comment

• Stormblade
      Video Editing Newbie
      • Jan 2002

Well this is very weird. Since I wrote here are the only things I did to my machine:

Registered BSPlayer to play various movie files
      Unregistered BSPlayer and restored old associations
      Installed WinDVD 4.5
      Rebooted machine

Somewhere along the line it fixed the problem I was having. I was all set to convert the files when I checked them again and they played normally in Windows 6.4 and Windows 8. I checked the properties and sure enough the Divx4 Decoder filter I mentioned before was no longer there.

Weird. Don't know which of the above did it. Prob just needed a reboot as I keep my machine on 24/7. So perhaps I'd deleted that filter a long time ago and just never rebooted and so while the file was gone it was still being used in memory or something. Or perhaps installing WinDVD cleared something. No idea but they play fine now. So strange.
      The worth of your opinion is in direct proportion to the number of people who have asked for it.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"Prob just needed a reboot"

At the risk of stating the obvious, that should be standard operating procedure as a first step before analyzing "apparent" problems ;>}

Comment

• Stormblade
          Video Editing Newbie
          • Jan 2002

Aye. Tis true. If this had been Win 95/98 I'd have done so first thing. Guess I got too used to having the system up and running hehe.

Comment

• Shmuck
            • Jan 2003

I have the same problem someone Please help Me
            The Video is upside down with Windows Media Player I tried every version of media player same problem i even upgraded to WM 9

Comment

• Stormblade
              Video Editing Newbie
              • Jan 2002

Read through the thread. See if you have that filter that was mentioned and remove it. Also, make sure to reboot your machine. Rebooting seemed to solve my problem but it could have been a combination of things. I don't shut my machine down and I don't think it's been off for many months. I remember installing a codec pack and removing that filter but something may have been laying around. Either that or one of my subsequent actions cleared it up and on reboot it finalized the fixes.

Comment

Working...