I just hate this XVID thing. Can I get some help?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bunkermania
    • Mar 2002

I just hate this XVID thing. Can I get some help?

I have a few movies in XVID code but thay are not working for me. I have installed XVID codec from nimo and also from XVID_Install.exe, but I can't get it to work.
    I get a green fuzzy picture in some of the movies and some can't even be opened at all. I just get a message that the file format is not supported.
    I tried to open 8 mile in Virtual Dub 1.4.8 but it can't even be opened there. It says Couldn't locate decompressor format "XVID" (unknown).
    This film is the one with sound but the green fuzzy picture. I didn't have any sound at all until I installed XVID from nimo, but the picture is still awful.
    What can I do?

Bunkermania
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

I have installed XVID codec from nimo and also from XVID_Install.exe, but I can't get it to work.
    Download and install the latest builds of XviD from either Koepi or Nic. These builds are updated very regularly (especially for Koepi) and the version found in Nimo is more than likely to be outdated.

I suggest you try out Koepi's vanilla decoder, which is the most bug-free of the available decoders IMHO. Once you got it working, try using Nic's decoder which comes with post-processing settings (but has a number of bugs).

Comment

• Bunkermania
      • Mar 2002

Thanks.
      I saw in the post about "blue" movies some suggestions. I will uninstall all my codecs and start over from fresh with the latest XVID from koepi and divx5. Then i also have the tsunami pack to try if the other thing doesn't work.
      I'lll see tonight after work if I can get it right.

Bunkermania

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Be aware that the XviD decoder contained within the latest Tsunami is that from Nic. I am not sure whether the stable build from Koepi (also found in the said Tsunami pack) will have the plain vanilla decoder. It would be best to manually download the latest version from the net and install them into your system.

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

any results - solved your problems?

if so- how?

Comment

• Bunkermania
            • Mar 2002

I got it to work finally, but the tsunami pack ****ed up everything. I now have divx5 and XVID as suggested above and it works just fine. It's just a try and error thing before it works.

Comment

• chickeneater
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Apr 2002

did you uninstall nimo? the 2 packs don't like to be installed together, so leave one on, preferably tsunami.
              FFDShow filters
              Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• dobell
                • Mar 2003

If you download the nick's binay and you select in decoder properties video mode YUV2 you will be able to see it well. If it doesn't worktry other format (YUV12, RGB...)

You can also change the FOUR CC code of the file to DivX and you will decode it with DivX codec. Try it

Comment

Working...