X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marley
    • Jan 2003

Xvid & AC3 playback problem

Hi I wonder if anyone can help me ?

i am having trouble getting a couple of Xvid films to play correctly.

The inital problem was that I had was no sound. So I sourced the correct audio codec which was AC3. After installing this I tried to play the movies again, and now there is sound, but unfortunatley its very slooooooooooooow, and the movie now seems to be playing slooooooooow. Anyone got any Ideas?

Greetz

Marley
  • chickeneater
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2002

you should finalize all your programs by pressing ctrl+alt(meta)+del, if in windows xp, sort processes by user, and in your name or owner, end the process of everything in your name except taskmgr and explorer, as these are very vital to run your OS. if you have win below xp, undo everything except systray and explorer, as these are vital to run windows.

ps. I dont know if you have a mac...
    FFDShow filters
    Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• Marley
      • Jan 2003

I forgot to mention I am running Windows XP Pro. I cannot see y i should have to shut everything down to play and Xvid with AC3 compression? Other Xvids movies i have which do not use the AC3 audio codec and they play fine.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

You might try using different players, such as the old reliable Windows Media Player v.6.4 (From your desktop Start>>Run then type MPLAYER2.EXE) or BS Player...

Comment

• Marley
          • Jan 2003

UPDATE!!!

Right

I have installed Winamp 3.x, and this now plays S1m0ne and Star Wars 2 attack of the Clones which the audio fine. But not the colours are all messed up!!!!!!!!

If I open the above 2 movies in Windows Media Player, the picture & colours are fine but the Audio is real sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo w and if i open them in Winamp the Audio is fine but the colours go al squiffy!!!

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

why dont you try those player setarip sugested?

Comment

Working...