• Show
Clear All
  • greenfonz
    • Jan 2003

Video with no sound...!!!

Hi,

Im new here.....

Well my problem is this....

I have a few DivX films which will play the video but don't have any sound......using windows media player 9.

I heard about the AC3 codec and thought this would be the answer....but it aint...

I have a pc running windows 2000 pro, i installed the sourceforge.net Ac3 codec "ac3filter_0_63b" and it worked great.... ....i have both sound and vision working together...

BUT

I also have a pc running windows XP home, first it just played the video but with no sound, then i installed the "ac3filter_0_63b" codec and it played the video and just the music from the film.....

Then i uninstalled the "ac3filter_0_63b" codec and now it won't play at all.....windows media player 9 just does the "needs to send error report and close" dialog box......

So i have had to install the "ac3filter_0_63b" codec again, to stop it from closing.....

When i uninstalled the "ac3filter_0_63b" windows muttered something about windows files being replaced with unrecognised ones....

I have also tried the tsunami codec pack, but still nothing, so whats the deal, why does it work in win2Kpro but not in winXPhome....?????

Any help at all will be wonderful

Thanks
    Ade
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

read the topmost posting?

Comment

• greenfonz
      • Jan 2003

I have solved my problem and thought i would post it here in case anyone else has had the same problem....

I have digital 5.1 surround speakers, and a digital soundcard.....so stupid me didn't think to alter the sound settings on my actual speaker amp.....

I altered it to 5.1 on my cambridge soundworks DTT3500 digital speakers and i had sound......

I cannot believe i was soo stupid, my win2K system just has normal speakers, so thats why it worked on there......

Thanks
      Ade

Comment

Working...