Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rroach7076
    • Feb 2003

avi and probs. w/ codecs

man guys i've done all you said... i went back and downloaded the 6.4 wmp then installed nimo and then installed the tsunami filter pack... also installed divx stand alone codec pack and im still having trouble watch avi. files,divx files and even some mpeg files... can some one help me please!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

"installed nimo and then installed the tsunami filter pack... also installed divx stand alone codec pack"

Uninstall ALL of that crap, reboot (cold) your system, install ONLY those codecs that you determine you NEED - Do not blindly install entire "packs", as you're bopund to create conflicts/problems/"mysteries" on your system...

Comment

• rroach7076
      • Feb 2003

avi probs w/ codecs

when i reboot my system cold will i lose all my files or do u mean like delete the wmp im using and delete the different codecs i have been usuing...... i had installed the nimo to view a divx 5 file which was listed as an avi file and i needed that one to view that file........
      also how to i determine what codec i need... like there are different codecs for different avi files right... im no pc wiz which is obvious..... thanks for any help you give man

Comment

• rroach7076
        • Feb 2003

avi and porbs. w/ codecs

u said to uninstall and some of the codecs dont have uninstall icons.. should i just delete them in the add/remove software..
        thanks for the help

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

use the reply button and stop creating new threads with identical content!

Comment

• digitaldick
            • Feb 2003

any luck with all your problems?

Hey rroach7076- had any luck solving any of your many problems? I've been following your many threads hoping to learn from your experiences. LOL! Hope you will post back with some followup, good or bad!
            be humble....be wise!

Comment

Working...