• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lovejoyno1
    • Feb 2003

Xvid works fine with Mediaplayer 9

You just have to install this Codec : Koepi's 04102002

Can be downloaded from:

dawnload.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, dawnload.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

or

With kind regards
    Jan

By the way BSplayer didn't work untill after I installed this codec. So BS is what BS normally stands for.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Re: Xvid works fine with Mediaplayer 9

Originally posted by Lovejoyno1
    By the way BSplayer didn't work untill after I installed this codec. So BS is what BS normally stands for.
    How is it any different from the other players (your much vaunted WMP 9, for example)? They all require the appropriate codec to be installed in order to be able to play the AVI content, don't they?

And don't start putting such names to players. I can also give the name What May Play, but that just ain't accurate, is it?

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

How has BSPLAYER hurt you?

Many people, including myself, find BSPLAYER to be a great player, if you do not like it there is no need for you to use it....but why start a thread about it?

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

There are always people who love throwing about false or misinformed facts about something . . .

Comment

• pythonmaxspliv
          • Feb 2003

Best kept secret...

Check this out , y'all...for all of you that are familiar with KazaaLite, are you hip to the AVIPreview? Okay any of the files you have trouble playing in your other players, try playing them with AVIPreview (The KazaaLite Version I just downloaded is v2.0.3 from www.fasttrackhelp.com/downloadcenter.php) I tried playing the download of "Payback" (Mel Gibson) in my other player that played every movie that I had downloaded (and I have all the proper codecs installed) but it wouldn't play "Payback." While I was experimenting, I decided to try it in the AVIPreview program that came with the new KazaaLite bundle and presto! "Payback" and all my other .avi files, Xvid or otherwise played in the AVIPreview player. Give it a try, and Good Luck!
          Last edited by pythonmaxspliv; 16 Feb 2003, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Lovejoyno1
            • Feb 2003

The reason I say BS is that it gives the impression that if you dowload this player then you can play Xvid with no problems. Not true, you also have to download a codec for it to work and this codec is not on the page. So now you have to search for this codec and if you are new to this, it can take a while before you find it.

So if they want to say that BSplayer can play Xvid then implement the Xvid codec into the programme or at least make it available from the same download site as BSplayer.

Otherwise it is BS. BSplayer cannot play Xvid without the codec.

I think that explains my state of mind.

Comment

• gd_nimrod
              • Nov 2002

"Not true, you also have to download a codec for it to work...Otherwise it is BS. BSplayer cannot play Xvid without the codec.

Neither can you play XviD movies on any other player without the codec...
              Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
              http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
              http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html

Comment

• Lovejoyno1
                • Feb 2003

If you had read above you would know! The point is that you get the impression that if you download and install BSplayer then you can play Xvid movies. That is what's not true!

You will still need to find the codec. Why they didn't implement it in the player, the firt time, is beyond me, but at least they should have something telleing this to people or a link to the codec.

Instead people now has to spend time searching for it.

If you say that it can play Xvid then it should play Xvid without you having to ad something extra. Get it?

Comment

• UncasMS
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2001

sorry, i guess hardly anyone will follow that *logic* of yours

just because a software is able to play a certain format properly does not necessarily require that this particular tool will install the very codec/filter needed for playback.

that's absolute nonsense.
                  doing just that would lead to a player overwriting the latest downloaded and installed codecs a user went for with the players own (and obsolete) versions.

putting the blame on a reliable software like bsplayer is most rediculous.

when buying a car you'll have to be able to drive and you'll be in need of any license that is required to be allowed to drive.

so according to your logic you go and buy that car and you expect that all else is done without your interaction?

high time download from the net would be restricted to people roughly being familiar with what they are doing then!
                  Last edited by UncasMS; 17 Feb 2003, 01:15 PM.

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

To Lovejoyno1

At the risk of "beating to death" this insignificant thread - I'd strongly suggest that you read the summary information posted at DivX Digest (and any other player d/l site) regarding any and all players available for download.

The information includes what file formats are SUPPORTED for playback.

Unles the information also SPECIFICALLY STATES that a particular format can be played back WITHOUT the installation of the codec used to create it, there is absolutely no reason to ASSUME that the codec is not required.

That said, and now that I've read what I and others have posted to this thread, it hardly seems worth the effort ;>}

Comment

Working...