• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ryan
    • Jan 2003

WinDvD DivX 5.03 no video

Hi,

I just ripped my first DvD.

I used DivX 5.0.3 pro and DVD2AVI and Nandub.

I Extracted the ac3 stream with DVD2AVI according to the GK guide and left it unchanged (the size is 246410 kB).

Then I calculated the bitstream nescessary to produce a file with a size of 2 cd's
    (1331200 - 246410 = 1084790/(88*60) = 205 * 8 = 1643,621)

These settings I used in the DivX 5.0.3 codec together with GMC, qPIX and bidirectional encoding and postporcesssing set to max.

Then I cropped the picture in DVD2AVI and waited some 2.5 hours.

The result was a nice looking DivX movie of 955956 kB.

I joined the two (ac3 and DivX) in nandub using the settings suggested for a 384 Kbps ac3 stream (shown in the GK guide)

The result a 1203144 kB large movie file. I know this is not optimal use of space but I cannot get GK to work and I know this is not a problem easy solved (tried everything the guide sais) so I gave up on that.

Now this movie plays ok in WMP but since I do not use a separate ac3 filter (because these overrule my intervideo filter that I need for DTS playback) and the intervideo ac3 filter does not support multi channel playback when using WMP (and divxg400) I wanted to play the file in WinDvD.

As my topic states WinDvD platinum does not show the movie but the sound is OK.

Of course Gspot and Nandub say the file is ok, cause I created it myself with Nandub

Is this simply because DivX 5.0.3 is not supported by WinDvD?(Yet) or should I try something else.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions
    Last edited by Ryan; 27 Feb 2003, 12:17 AM.
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

the intervideo ac3 filter does not support multi channel playback when using WMP (and divxg400) I wanted to play the file in WinDvD.

there are many good players apart from wmp
    (which version by the way? anything else than 6.4 is total crap anyway!):

bsplayer, powerdivx, zoomplayer, the_core_media_player

next thing is: 5.0.3 is not handled properly by GK!

no guide will ever advise this - use divx 5.0.2 instead!!

Comment

Working...