Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Islander
    • Mar 2003

DIVX AVI Files playing Upsidedown

I have beat my head in on this one. I have several divx avi movies that play upside down in WMP version 9.

I have tried several version of Divx codec from ver 3. to 5 beta. Some files play fine but others don't.

Any reccommendations on how I can target and destroy this problem?

Thanks in advance for you help !

Islander
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

Any reccommendations on how I can......

yap

type upside down into the search engine

Comment

• goek
      • Mar 2003

I had it too!!

Basicly what I did was uninstall all my codecs, then do the BASIC install of the Nimo Codec Pack 4.4.

My full story...
      I never had a problem with playing movies until I wanted to view the new James Bond movie (the dvl sharereactor one). It had this green ugly glow on it... and it seemed upside down.
      First thing I did was go back to sharereactor to see if everybody had the same prob, but instead there were just 2 or 3 others. One person said download the nimo pack, it works for me. So I downloaded and installed the latest Nimo pack. The green was gone, but it was still upside down. If I tilted my head upside down the letters of the copy warning seemed to be in mirrorview... and as the movie started the widescreen view turned out to be squeezed in normal view.
      Well... I uninstalled all my codecs, reinstalled nimo, still the same. I uninstalled it again, downloaded and installed nimo 4.4, still the same. By this time I found out that suddenly ALL my movies were being played upside down!!
      All the time I did the full install, so in utter desparation I uninstalled nimo again and did the basic install... and the picture was fine!!! Ofcourse... the AC3 audio filter was with the full install only, so I had to install that seperately... but now I can watch James Bond!

It suddenly hit me that the whole thing might have something to do with the DivX G400 filter, because that thing kept turning up in my system tray when I tried to play any movie, while they all played fine without it before all this. So I uninstalled nimo once more, did the full install, but without the G400... and the picture was not upside down, but still squeezed into normal view.
      Next I did the full install, but with just the DirectShow Filters of the Basic Install + the AC3 audio filter... and the picture is fine again.

To make a long story short: It's the DivX G400 filter that turns your screen upside down. It's some other DirectShow Filter that squeezed my widescreen into normal screen, but I don't feel like finding out wich one atm.

Although I have nimo 4.4 now, it's prolly the same with the latest pack.

Good luck.

Comment

• SKD_Tech
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2003

Um why don't you do yourself a favor get rid of Nimo and Get Tusanmi 3.9.9 codec/filter pack

Comment

• Islander
          • Mar 2003

Thanks for your help

Thanks for all of you advice guys, I tried all of the suggestions but for some reason the file still played upside down in media player. I installed Real one player and it worked great. Thanks for all the great suggestions, Im sure they helped with the solution as well.

Islander

Comment

Working...