Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rogernpg
    • Mar 2003

Happy Here

I Used the compact version then a typical install sound works Now what do you think about the ac3 filter on top of the Tsunami codec pack for better sound or will it not work or will it conflic with Tsunami codec pack i just interested in improving the progams now there working even a idear for a expansion pack 2 play with the quality of the video whats ure thoughts?
    Attached Files
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

As long as the sound works and you are able to view the video, leave it well enough alone. Tampering with it further will only result in yet more problems.

Comment

• rogernpg
      • Mar 2003

Ok

Thanks for your help !! Another question though what is the most common Dvd ripper that copies to your harddrive in Xvid/Mpeg 4 that has a wizard to help you through just so i can back up friends dvds and then watch them on my computer in such a good quality. And if you have a answer please give me a link my hands are going to fall off from googleing looking for a player 2 play xvid on but thanks for your help i can now so what u think?
      Attached Files

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

what is the most common Dvd ripper that copies to your harddrive in Xvid/Mpeg 4 that has a wizard to help you through just so i can back up friends dvds and then watch them on my computer in such a good quality.
        GordianKnot. An excelent guide by UncasMS, a moderator of this forum, has been made available from within the forum itself.

As for players, perhaps you can look over the software section of the site.

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

gordianknot is fine, DVX is better

click my picture for more

Comment

• rogernpg
            • Mar 2003

Whats going on

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Enchanter
            [B]GordianKnot. An excelent guide by UncasMS, a moderator of this forum, has been made available from within the forum itself.

I installed GordianKnot and Divx 5 and now my Bs player does not play my Xvid i mean the sounds still therebut the picture is all distorted streched not veiwable at all i removed GordianKnot and Divx 5 and its still stuffed whats happend PLEASE HELP!!!
            Attached Files

Comment

• rogernpg
              • Mar 2003

Are all rppers so complexed

Originally posted by UncasMS
              gordianknot is fine, DVX is better

click my picture for more
              I was just hopeing there is a free type version of Super DvD Ripper which you just select DVD to AVI and off it goes but it can only be used 9 times then you have to buy it so what do you think is a alternative?
              Attached Files

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

Re: Are all rppers so complexed

Originally posted by rogernpg
                I was just hopeing there is a free type version of Super DvD Ripper which you just select DVD to AVI and off it goes but it can only be used 9 times then you have to buy it so what do you think is a alternative?
                None that I'm aware of. There is a price to pay in order for one to get quality, and often convenience is the price to pay.

Seriously, when you install GordianKnot, make sure that you install only the programs and codecs that you will need. Installing others, including those that you already have installed, will cause problems such as what you have experienced.

Comment

• UncasMS
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2001

gk often install an OLD codec.

having said this, make sure to install latest xvid + divx 5.0.2 (5.0.3 is crap imho) AFTERWARDS!!!

Comment

Working...