Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xoxCHRISxox
    • Mar 2003

XviD Video Freeze (again)

I have an Xvid file which wouldnt play to begin with, the audio would play but the video would slow, freeze and jump and never be in sync with the audio, so I looked at these forums and followed the advice. Took all my codecs off then put ffdshow on. The XviD played perfectly in BSPlayer. I could open it in WMP 6.4 fine and even do conversions in Virtualdub. Fantastic!

BUT, I go back to play it now a few days later and its reverted back to not playing properly like before. I havent changed anything!!

I've tried uninstalling all codecs and putting various versions of Keopi's, Nic's and then ffdshow back on again one at a time but no luck.

Also when I just have a clean install of ffdshow and nothing else Virtualdub tells me XviD isnt supported when I try to open the file, but when I look at the files' properties using Avicodec it tells me all the properties of the file correctly and that XviD is supported in my system??? (Win 2000)

Any help greatly needed PLEASE. You have no idea how much this is pissing me off...
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

What about Tusanmi 3.9.9? Have you tried that?

Comment

• xoxCHRISxox
      • Mar 2003

Thanks for responding.

I've tried Tsunami 3.9.7 and my system didnt like it at all. No video files would open, constant crashing with all media players.

Would there be a big difference to 3.9.9? If so where can I get it?

Thanks.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

no, there wouldNT

if your system refused to play properly better make sure to clean it up.

get rid of nimo or similar packs and install tsunami ONLY.

Comment

• xoxCHRISxox
          • Mar 2003

Thanks,

But I dont use nimo or any other codec packs, I have tried but it didnt solve the problem. Each time a codec/pack fails to solve the problem I just take the codec/pack straight back off my system. So I only have one codec/pack installed at any one time so they dont interfere with each other. A clean install of Tsunami still doesnt help.

Its so annoying that I got the XviD's working fine then all of a sudden they don't anymore.

Any more suggestions???

Cheers.

Comment

• UncasMS
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2001

since the tsunami pack is most reliable i wonder HOW exactly you installed it?
            which codecs/filters did you choose?

did you retry with the latest version 3.9.9 (from my page)?

use CUSTOM and keep all defaults.

Comment

• xoxCHRISxox
              • Mar 2003

Thanks for replying UncasMS.

I am getting the 3.9.9 Tsunami pack right now and i'll install as you said and see if it works, and post an update.

Thats a very nice page you have there with an extremely nice lady!

Thanks again.

Comment

• xoxCHRISxox
                • Mar 2003

Ok, I did as you said, put on Tsunami 3.9.9 with custom default settings and when I try to open any video file (xvid, divx, mpg) the player crashes. I tried with BSPlayer, WMP, and tried to open the xvid it in virtual dub. Each time it crashes and says the player has caused errors and will be closed.

Any reasons why Tsunami would be crashing anytime it's called into action on my system??

Really appreciate the help here, any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Comment

• xoxCHRISxox
                  • Mar 2003

Any more suggestions at all???

Thanks.

Comment

• xoxCHRISxox
                    • Mar 2003

Incase anyone comes back to read this thread, I found that uManiac's latest XviD build played a lot smoother but still not like it should be and like it did initially. uManiac's site.

Comment

Working...