Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Materva
    • Mar 2003

Divx Choppy and aound not in sync

I just installed Windows .NET Enterprise Server 2003. I downloaded all of the codecs i need and a few different players. All of the movies I have downloaded look fine when played in small player, but when I go to full screen my Divx goes out of sync and becomes real choppy. This happens with different codecs as well. I have tried playing the movies with all unnessesry processes running, and with the media player with a higher priority. I have direct X 9 installed as well. Any thoughts on what my problem might be?
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

did the files play fine BEFORE?

how fast is your machine?

any background tasks?

tried different players like bsplayer, zoomplayer?

Comment

• Materva
      • Mar 2003

Yes the files did work before. They work great on my roommate's computer. I have a PII 350 mhz with 224 megs of ram. I have tried ending all processes. I have tried Bsplayer, but have not tried zoomplayer.

Comment

• The Edge
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Jan 2003

If you press "Print screen" during playback and then go into mspaint and "edit/paste", you should get a completly black screen. If you actually get an image of the movie, then it is an video overlay issue (eg video driver)
        Try the above and report back

Edge
        "…I know the industry is formally opposed to that kind of thing [bootlegging] but I'm not. I don't have a problem with it at all." -- Paul McGuiness"

Comment

• Materva
          • Mar 2003

Yes I get a picture in paint. Currently I have drivers for an nvidia 256 card. My card is actually an elsa erazorX I have tried to install their drivers for 2000 and xp but it does not work in .net. Am I just SOL or what?

Comment

• Anacode
            • Jun 2003

Make sure that your "Hardware acceleration" is placed in "full".

You can do that by first selecting the normal windows Display Properties then go to Settings -> Advanced -> Troubleshoot And there you got the hardware acceleration .... it worked for me.

Comment

• setarip
              Retired
              • Dec 2001

"I have a PII 350"

You are overtaxing an underpowered system...

Comment

Working...