Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mcb247
    • Feb 2003

movie won't advance

I'm trying to play a XviD movie (Using Nic's XviD 16-3-3).

WMP 6.4 opens to a black screen and says "Playing", but the time stays at 00:00 and there's no sound or video. No errors appear, but the movie won't play.

Loaded the movie into GSpot, but it says I have all the proper codecs and it renders successfully. Any clues?
  • alcskid
    Movie Lovers
    • Jan 2003

Try playing with BSPlayer. If still stuck change Xvid codec with Koepi's Xvid stable codec.
    ...My Foot Print...

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

1) Load the .AVI file into VirtualDub or NanDub

2) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "File Information"

3) Post (here) EVERYTHING you see (both video and audio information), or post a screen capture .jpg of the information box

Comment

• mcb247
        • Feb 2003

The movie plays in VDub, but when loads, gives an error about an improper VBR audio eoncoding- could this be the problem?
        Attached Files

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

"error about an improper VBR audio eoncoding- could this be the problem?"

No - that's merely an information message indicating the inability of that particular version of VirtualDub (the "pure", unhacked version, by Avery Lee) to properly process Variable Bitrate .MP3 audio.

However, since you've stated that it plays back properly under VirtualDub, try the following:

1) Load the file into VirtualDub (Ignore the VBR message), NanDub, or VirtualDubMod

2) Set BOTH "Video" and "Audio" to "Direct Stream Copy"

3) Save with a new filename

Let us know of your success ;>}

Comment

• mcb247
            • Feb 2003

no go

The movie plays back in VDub when I press the "Input playback button". However, when I set the A&V to Direct Stream, and pressed the "Output playback" button, the frames counter increases, but the movie stays at the first frame. The only way I can get it to play is using full processing, which I obviously don't want to do.

I tried saving the file under a new name using the Direct Stream, but still, no success.

Comment

• UncasMS
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2001

change your desktop resolution to 32bit and try again

Comment

• setarip
                Retired
                • Dec 2001

Read what I proposed carefully - it is intended to have you use VirtualDub to create another version of your file - NOT to use VirtualDub for playing back your original file...

Comment

• mcb247
                  • Feb 2003

Setarip-
                  Originally posted by mcb247
                  I tried saving the file under a new name using the Direct Stream, but still, no success.
                  The second version I made using direct stream STILL didn't work. I mentioned about playing it back in VirtualDub, because it will play the original file, but not the preview after changing the settings to direct stream.

However, I got it to work...
                  I uninstalled Nic's XviD 16-3-3 and tried Koepi's Xvid stable codec instead (originally suggested by alcskid)- and now it works fine.

Comment

• setarip
                    Retired
                    • Dec 2001

Congratulations on resolving your dilemma ;>}

Comment

Working...