Plays fine for 8 mins then screen dissappears??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SpykiE83
    • Mar 2003

Plays fine for 8 mins then screen dissappears??

Hello everyone,
    I'm having the weirdest problems with this happening when i watch .avi movies.....the movie will play fine for about 8 and a half minutes but then the screen dissappears but i still have sound.......now i had the problem with one of my movies and it stopped doing it after i installed FFDshow but now this new movie that im watching is doing it again......i still have all the stuff i had installed before, but it keeps doing it.......i have XVid, ffdshow, and Nimo (which are all the latest versions) and i have tried uninstalling ffdshow and then reinstalling it to no avail and nothing works........it always does it on this certain movie........anyone know how i can fix this?? Any advice would be great! thanks in advance!

-=SPykiE=-

PS oh by the way i have tried using both Windows media player and i have Intervideo WinDVD 4.0.......both do it every time......
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

scan the file for frozen frames and/or disable *smooth playback* in divx5 playback options if it is active

Comment

• SpykiE83
      • Mar 2003

how would i go about scanning the file for frozen frames? and im using Win DVD 4 primarily, media player is a pain to get working for me........the movies are running off of the ffdshow codec.......is there something i should look for in that as well? The movie im trying to run is .mpeg not .avi, my mistake and i think it is a svcd.... I'm kind of new to this kind of stuff so please excuse me.

-=SpykiE=-
      Last edited by SpykiE83; 2 Apr 2003, 10:40 AM.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

only avi files could be scanned for errors (using virtualdubMOD => video => scan...)

afaik theres is no such tools(option for mpeg1/2 files.

maybe your softwareplayer (windvd) is a trialversion and thus limits playback to some minutes ony?

Comment

• SpykiE83
          • Mar 2003

hmm, i was thinking the same thing but ive played another movie in the player that was the same exact format and played fine.......so im not sure that it's that........

-=SpykiE=-

Comment

• SKD_Tech
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2003

You might want to try to get rid of Nimo and get Tsuanmi Codec/Filter pack. The link to it can be found at my website at the software page or at UncasMS's website (just click on his bottom little picture in his SIG) They are linked to the same site so it doesn't matter which one

Comment

• SpykiE83
              • Mar 2003

I have tsunami on my drive, let me uninstall nimo and put tsunami on instead to see how things go, ill keep you updated.....thanks man! oh and when i say the screen disappears i mean the picture like turns off but the sound is still there with a black screen.......it's weird.......but yes, im going to go try that.

-=SpykiE=-

Comment

• SpykiE83
                • Mar 2003

yup just tried the tsunami and still no luck, but i was watching the time on the movie and when it gets to 8mins and 30 seconds the picture goes black but i also noticed that it jumps a few seconds ahead?? could this mean anything?? b/c the sound keeps going as if nothing happened at all?.........

-=SpykiE=-

Comment

• SpykiE83
                  • Mar 2003

Anyone else have any other ideas??? After playing the movie, i fastforwarded a few seconds past that part and played it from there and then a few minutes later it went black on me again.......so im thinking it's not the movie, but it's something causing that b/c i had the same exact thing happen with this other movie i had and then after installing ffdshow it didnt do it anymore and the movie has ran fine ever since..........so im pretty sure it's not the movie.........so any other ideas???

-=SpykiE=-

Comment

• SpykiE83
                    • Mar 2003

?anyone??

Comment

• SKD_Tech
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Jan 2003

Ok wouldn't you think if anyone had something to say they would? And quit posting like 4 times in a row there is such a thing called editing a post where you can add aditional comments

Comment

• SpykiE83
                        • Mar 2003

dude whatever......go f*ck yourself if you're gonna flame someone for trying to figure something out

-=SpykiE=-

Comment

• SKD_Tech
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Jan 2003

I'm not flaming anyone , but making a senseable response. As for cursing at me that solves nothing so you wasted your time..

As for another suggestion I would try out FFDShow or FFDShow Alpha after I uninstalled all of my codecs. (just leave FFDshow)and I would check the file for any corrupt frames anywhere
                          Last edited by SKD_Tech; 6 Apr 2003, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• setarip
                            Retired
                            • Dec 2001

Either VCDGear or VCDEasy (I forget which one) can scan and correct such files for errors.

By the way, SVCD files should be playable under WinDVD WITHOUT the need for the FFDShow or any other extraneous filters...

Comment

Working...