Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dedman
    • Apr 2003

Audio Skips after 1 hour of play......

Everything seems to work fine, excellent video and audio. After about an hour the audio begins to skip, it appers as if the video is trying to "keep up" but it just keeps skipping. If I stop the playback, close the file and reopen it all is well, for about another hour then skipping again. This happens despite my efforts to reduce performance through media player's "advanced controls". HELP!!! AMD1200 AbitKG7 Raid Motherboard 512 of PC2100 128meg Geforce4 Video---------Latest Nimo Codec Pack 5 Version7
    Any Advice Would Be Greatly Appreciated.....Dedman
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

Is it just that file or all of them?

My recomendation as of now is ditch Nimo and get Tsuanmi from any of the sites in my sig

Comment

• Dedman
      • Apr 2003

Yeah every one of the files ......I've switched to Tsunami so far so good. The quality seems to have degraded a bit though. Thanks....Dedman

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

what kind of decrease did you experience?

you dont even state your format so i wonder if you perhaps didnt set post precessing to the max if we're dealing with avi.

Comment

• Dedman
          • Apr 2003

Video quality has suffered just a bit, for my Xvid content. Its possible that its my imagination, the dark areas of the files seem to carry a green & blocked apperance, even in some of the files carrying a 1.5 Gig size (two 700 plus meg files). I'm not new to Divx but the amount of choices out there for codecs has left me a bit confused as to which is the best and most reliable. I did check the properties for the files and set it at "Auto Best" through the reclock properties tab. All the help is greatly appreciated thanks .......Dedman

Comment

• Dedman
            • Apr 2003

Fixed!!!!

After Running DirectX Diagnostic I found that the hardware acceleration for directSound was completely turned off, so after turning to "Standard Acceleration" .................no skipping. Clean running for the entire movie. The Advice for Tsunami was good...I'm pretty sure it provided too many choices and tweaks for a novice user, it tok me a while to figure its many uses out. But Thanks for everyones help it was much appreciated..................Dedman

Comment

• SKD_Tech
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Jan 2003

Glad to see it worked out for you.

Comment

Working...