Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PopeJewish
    • Jul 2003

no audio after trying everything

alright, so I'm currently using ffdshow as my codecs, I've reinstalled directx 9, I've tried using bsplayer, windows media, and a few others, no avail. I have perfect video, but no sound. Gspot tells me that I have 2 lovely codecs that will do the job for me, but neither one seems up to it when the call of duty arises. I even downloaded an ac3 filter and that didn't help. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

ffdshow is for video ONLY

maybe installing tsunamis filterpack 399 might solve your problem, since it contains almost all filters/codecs one might need.

Comment

• PopeJewish
      • Jul 2003

I couldn't find 3.99, but I installed 3.89 and I still get nothing

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

I couldn't find 3.99
        this means you didnt even search this forum

anyway, click on my second anigif and go to the download section of my page

Comment

• xtr
          • Jun 2003

Hey, I also have a number of AVI files with no audio. I have installed Divx 5.05 and 3.11 Alpha as well as AC3. But no luck. I have attached a screen shot from G-Spot (apparently I also have the proper codecs).

I'm hesitant to install Codec Packs like Nemo, because as far as I can see there is no way to predict how they will react with my system.

So my question is what do you think I should install and can I completely uninstall it if it makes things worse?

Thank you very much.
          Attached Files

Comment

• xtr
            • Jun 2003

no audio

I haven't tried this tsunamis filterpack 399. But same question:
            Is it safe to install, can it be completely removed if it adversely affects other codecs, already in operation?

Comment

• xtr
              • Jun 2003

xtr

Opps, sorry I guess this is in the wrong section. I'll repost.

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

xtr,

"Is it safe to install, can it be completely removed if it adversely affects other codecs, already in operation?"

Logically when you are installing a codec pack, you should only select filters/tools/codecs that you do not already have in a system. This way, codec registry clashes will easily be avoided. You can of course opt to remove all codecs prior to installing the codec pack, but you never know if something ever gets left behind.

Comment

Working...