Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • panhead
    • Aug 2003

My image is mainly Green:(

Sorry if I am sounding like a bit of a lamer right now, but it seems as though everytime I try to play an xvid encoded file I just get a green screen, the sound is good, the picture is green and pixilated, it sometimes moves but is very distorted and pixilated, and is still mostly green throughout the entirety of the video. I tried my best to install the xvid codec but it still doesn't play back any of my xvids. I just need some advice, thanks a lot!
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

I suggest you try updating your video card driver.

Comment

• panhead
      • Aug 2003

Will do... Tis been a while since i've done just that. Thanks. I"m still open to any more suggestions though.

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

try latest ffdshow alpha as playbackfilter

Comment

• olabri
          • Apr 2003

I have this problem a lot with my old ati rage card.

I fixed it by changing colorspace to YUV2 in ffdshow, but that seems to take a LOT of CPU.

In BSplayer it solves much easier, by checking "Force RGB mode" under "video" in prefs.

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

"In BSplayer it solves much easier, by checking "Force RGB mode" under "video" in prefs"

No surprise there, given that the Rage cards do not support any other color space...

Comment

• shiny#3
              Digital Video Master
              Digital Video Master
              • Jul 2003

unfortunatly you are wrong enchanter.

I have an ATI Xpert 2000 rage fury pro in my little media computer
              that I use as a digital video recorder, divx player and so on
              which is connected to my TV set.

It supports Yuv 2 also, not only RGB but also. but I thought always that
              Yv 12 is used by most mpeg4 codecs.
              am I wrong???

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

I have a different Rage card (Rage3D IIC). The ancient card cannot play any non-RGB color spaces and subsequently needs to convert the source playback to the said color space. Performance suffered as a result and I was prompted to replace it with a trustier Geforce card.

I can only suppose your Rage Fury Pro is newer than the IIC and supports more color spaces. Whatever it may be; those cards are legacy cards and I care little for them.

Comment

Working...