Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sianspheric
    • Sep 2003

flickering problem!!

I've read all the post about the flickering problem but nothing seem to have work for me.

Ok here is what i use:
    P3 850
    256M memory
    8M video card memory
    win98 and BSplayer

Codec i use:
    DIVx 5.05
    XviD-24062003-1 _ALPHA_ Release
    ffdshow the latest
    ac3filter 67b
    divx 311alpha
    oggvorbis
    3ivx 4.04
    Matroska playback pack 0.5

My problem just start this week. I was using divx 4 and a old version of xvid for a long time and then i decided to install the new version of these codec because i wasn't able to play some new video.
    I uninstalled all my codec and then reboot win98. Then i have install all these codec . I've started to notice some flickering on some xvid movie so i tried to change my xvid and ffdshow codec but no difference. I also try to let xvid decode xvid video and not ffdshow but no difference.

So tonight i've found this message board and try a lot of useful thing but i always have the same problem.

I don't know if this can help but when i tried to play my video with WM9 i got an error codec message but the video still play with just the same flickering problem that i have with BSplayer.

I've put a picture from GSpot of my codec. Hope it will help!

So if someone can help me!!

i'm really sorry for my english ^_^ this is not my birth language
    Attached Files
  • chickeneater
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2002

go to ffdshow filter properties and go under codecs. select all that are there
    FFDShow filters
    Guliverkli's Media Player Classic

Comment

• Sianspheric
      • Sep 2003

Thank but i've already try this and i have the same grainy video.
      Thank anyway

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

with your 8mb card i suggest you reduce your desktop to 16bit and try a resolution of 640 x 480 when playing videos!

(many players can swith to this resolution on the fly when playing files)

Comment

• flipmo
          • May 2003

i have the same flickering problem...
          then i tried a resolution of 600x800. but then i saw the movie upside down and flipped....
          at a normal resolution i don't have that problem, but i do have the flickering problem...
          i only have this problem with 1 movie. is the problem the movie? or my PC? or some codecs???

Comment

Working...