Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mmace
    • Nov 2001

error in QUARTZ.DLL, please help!

I have converted DVDs in the past without problem, however, I have just converted the new Green Day DVD, I have used FlaskMPEG (after ripping with smartripper) using radium mp3 codec.
    I used DivX 3.x at 1200 kps, mp3 was 128 kps and the resolution was 720x576 with no cropping.

whenever I try to play the file on any player I have (including my matrox player) or on any PC (I have tried my home PC, work PC and collegues PCs) I get an error that the player has caused a fault in QUARTZ.DLL.

can anyone help, I don't really want to convert it again due to the time it takes.
  • remyfoxathome
    • Nov 2001

FlaskMPEG is known to cauase errors like this in video files.

It can be prevented on my system by always closing and re-running FlaskMPEG before encoding a file.

On my system FlaskMPEG always crashes when it is closed, which may be related to the above issue.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

correct.

always restart flask after each and every single run!

(or better do not use it at all )

Comment

• VikingS6
        • Nov 2001

Missing audio....

Hi.

Same shit happened to me some weeks ago. Found out that after having "Cancelled" the encoding process, FlaskMPEG have a rare habit of deselecting your audio codec.
        So be sure you check that you've really chosen a audio codec (I use MPEG Layer-3 at 128 kB/s, 44.100 Hz).
        For video I use DivX Codec 4.11 and always runs 2-pass encoding. Superb quality on my flicks.

FlaskMPEG isn't all that bad.........

Comment

• mmace
          • Nov 2001

Re: Missing audio....

Originally posted by VikingS6
          For video I use DivX Codec 4.11 and always runs 2-pass encoding. Superb quality on my flicks.

FlaskMPEG isn't all that bad.........
          cheers, know anywhere for any tutorials/examples for 4.x of the codec, its different to 3.x and i don't know which settings to use and which is best for my needs!

Comment

• Wilbert
            • Nov 2001

Have a look at:

"http://www.digital-digest.com/nickyguides/DivxBeta.htm"

Wilbert

Comment

Working...